• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Passing on snuffles via cage/things?

nessar

Warren Veteran
My friend's brother bought a doe from a breeder that turned out to be pregnant and has had 4 babies, 3 boys and a girl, 10 weeks old. Obviously they need to separate asap and I offered them my pen, as I wont really need it soon.

But I've just realised that maybe that wasnt such a good idea. My buck Barney is a snuffles bun. Could it be passed on via the cage? Its a NIC cage with no base, and a shelf lined with carpet squares. Would just spraying it with disinfectant be okay?

I know most buns are meant to have pasturella dormant anyway but didnt want to take any risks.

P.S. Anyone want a baby rex? They have lovely rexy fur but a couple have English markings too :love::love: They are SO friendly and LIKE being picked up and fussed! I want them to go to good homes, as I'm SO tempted to add to my pair myself to stop them going to bad ones :oops:

Pasturella is carried by alot of rabbits in their normal flora, it is in only otherwised compromised bunnies that may become symptomatic.

I have a snuffle bun but he lives with a non snuffle bun

xxx

I don't think you have anything to worry about, so just give a good clean as you would with any equipment that was being used between rabbits.

Just replying to your pm.

Back