• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hutch question

karen1980

Mama Doe
I have 2 4ft doubke hutches that have seen better days but I dont need them and dont know what to do..

I can

Give them to a rescue - tried non reputable locally
Give away on free cyle - i may encourage someone to get a bunny
Search preloved for someone needing a hutch - not working out too well here.
Break them up and take to the tip - some bunny in a smaller hutch may miss out.

What can/should I do?? :roll:

i'd say either a rescue
or someone who lives near you might find one useful to go in their shed (know a few people have a hutch inside their bunny shed)

or someone might want to use one as shelter in their run or something :)

i am keeping a little 3 foot one i have so that when snowball has a run, the hutch can go in as a shelter :)

i wouldn't do preloved or freecycle though, just in case

Exactley they have been stuck in my garden for months and want rid of them but not to the wrong kind of people if that makes sense? :?

Thanks trouble is im in Kent :roll:
I offered them to a rescue that was desperate but they wouldnt collect (30 mins away) and told me another one that was close to me but tbh they are rubbish and I wouldnt call them a rescue the way they treat their bunnies :evil:

Thanks trouble is im in Kent :roll:
I offered them to a rescue that was desperate but they wouldnt collect (30 mins away) and told me another one that was close to me but tbh they are rubbish and I wouldnt call them a rescue the way they treat their bunnies :evil:

Well I'm sure if he is despirate enough he'll come and collect if you message him. Never mind though! keep it and just keep reminding people about it until someone really needs it :)

Put them on ebay. I sold my 2 small cages on there and got quite a bit of money for them. If you advertise them as guinea pig cages it could help someone out?

Back