• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!!!!

md321

Warren Scout
Getting rabbit tomorrow at pets at home. I've got the hutch in the garden with it's bedding, water etc inside. I hope it all goes well and i'll post a pic of him tomorrow.......SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

Hi, welcome :wave:

There's some good info about rabbits on here :)

Some folks get a bit zealous about throwing info at you as soon as you join, so be warned! :)

Looking forward to the pictures of your new bunny :)

aww bet you're excited! :) Before you know it, everyone's going to ask if you have considered adopting a rescue bun. :p Have you? :) Also are you getting the bun from the adoption part of pets at home? It's always best to get 2 rabbits, they are sociable animals and most hate to live alone. :( x

Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum

Getting any new pet is soooo exciting, bet you cant wait? :wave:

Im just getting one male dutch rabbit and he's not the adoption rabbit because the adoption rabbits were all female and i heard that the female ones bite.

Im just getting one male dutch rabbit and he's not the adoption rabbit because the adoption rabbits were all female and i heard that the female ones bite.

Not sure who told you that about females but I have 2 females (and 2 males) and non of mine bite. Rabbits should be kept in pairs as they like company and the best pairing is female/male though some people do have same sex pairs.

Pics of the little man when you get him :wave:

Usually they only bite because they haven't been speyed :wave:
All bunnies have the capacity tobe bitey.....It's my boy who has bitten my daughter (food related) and my girley is the lickyest bun EVER :love:

That's exciting :) Please consider getting him a friend in the future, it's lovely having two rabbits, my 2 rabbits cuddle up together and play together, its really cute (though Molly does use Archie as a step when she's trying to get to things that are higher up :lol: ) Did you get your hutch from Pets at Home too? Sorry to be nosey :lol:

I got the hutch second hand, gave it a good clean and sorted afew chips and scratches etc and now it looks as good as new.

It's 3 feet long and 20 inches wide. I know it's not that big but we are looking for a bigger one

It's 3 feet long and 20 inches wide. I know it's not that big but we are looking for a bigger one

Yeah buns need lots of space. 6 foot is a good size. :)
You can get cheap second hand ones on gumtree or ebay and you can buy new ones for about £150 if you know where to look. My hutch was £150 and it's 6 foot long and 3 foot deep. Let me know if you want the link to it. :wave:

Also you could use the hutch as a base and put it in something bigger. Lots of people on here have their rabbits in a shed.

Hiya and welcome! :wave: Have fun getting your bunny tomorrow.

Funny you said females bite, I have always found males bite! :lol: That's why I have females :lol:

Gumtree is a good place to look for a 6ft hutch, a bunny will not be happy in a 3ft hutch.

Hope you stick around and let us meet your bunny.

Back