• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so disgusted :-(

helen01

Warren Veteran
My car is off the road so a trip to p@h was out of the question today as its too long a treck. Popped into the village pet shop....I very rarely use it but am desperate for doggy shampoo :oops: as they pong:oops:

I have walked out in disgust (minus the dog shampoo:oops:) a young family were in there wanting to buy two male guinea pigs for their 2 and 3 year old kids. 'what do you have already?' the shop assistant asked...

:evil:
:censored:

'Nothing...they will be okay for a few days in a cardboard box wont they????'

.............guess the answer..............

:censored::censored::censored:

....'yeah they will be fine...just make sure they dont chew out of it':shock::shock:

I tried to pull the lady aside and tell her they had been given terrible advice but she was having non of it. I left the shop and have reported it to the RSPCA (didnt want to know) and will report it to licensing on Monday morning. I feel sooooo cross and sooooo sad for the pair of guineas (who were quite big too so not babies:roll:)

I will never use that shop again:evil:

My car is off the road so a trip to p@h was out of the question today as its too long a treck. Popped into the village pet shop....I very rarely use it but am desperate for doggy shampoo :oops: as they pong:oops:

I have walked out in disgust (minus the dog shampoo:oops:) a young family were in there wanting to buy two male guinea pigs for their 2 and 3 year old kids. 'what do you have already?' the shop assistant asked...

:censored:

'Nothing...they will be okay for a few days in a cardboard box wont they????'

.............guess the answer..............

:censored::censored::censored:

....'yeah they will be fine...just make sure they dont chew out of it':shock::shock:

I tried to pull the lady aside and tell her they had been given terrible advice but she was having non of it. I left the shop and have reported it to the RSPCA (didnt want to know) and will report it to licensing on Monday morning. I feel sooooo cross and sooooo sad for the pair of guineas (who were quite big too so not babies:roll:)

I will never use that shop again:evil:

Well done for reporting it to "licensing" - presumably the local Council.

The following thread might help:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=94160

The shop's Pet Shop Licence Conditions are likely to be based on the following:

http://www.lga.gov.uk/lga/aio/5791388

From your description, the shop operator is non-compliant with several of the Pet Shop Licence Conditions - with which they are legally obliged to comply.

Hope this helps.

yeah sorry I should have added that bit:D The local council was out of hours emergencies only so I have to ring back on Monday. I am still fuming now...and gutted I didnt get doggy shampoo! lol!

The shop near where I work had 3 baby bunnies in a tiny tiny cage (2ft ish) the other day, they smelt like they needed cleaning, and their eyes looked sad :( They also had kittens in a cage that had a sign they were practically boasting that they wouldn't come out to home check you and didn't have to comply with rules that rescues will enforce on you. :shock:

I would have kicked up a stink there and then but the lady was crying as the pet shop dog had just died.

I can't believe how downhill it has gone in there, I was so happy I'd just discovered I could get SS in two pet shops in that town so have swapped the buns on to it. Now I will not be using that pet shop again, so my choice is down to one. I am working tomorrow so will be going in on a spying mission and if things have not improved will look at how I can take things further.

Back