• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking back with regard to rabbit rescue

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
About fifteen years ago I used to help out at a sanctury, they had rabbits all in hutches which were about 3 or 4 feet, mainly single bunnies, they were bedded on newspaper and woodshavings, fed musli, not much in the way of hay, they were never rehomed

The local RSPCA told me at the time they rehomed on average one bunny a year

Other rescues were similar, it was very sad

Things have really moved on since then, I know there are 33,000 bunnies in rescue but sometimes we can loose sight of just how much improvement has been made to the welfare of rabbits

I totally agree.

Having owned bunnies for 16 years, so, so much has changed in every aspect of their welfare. Heading in the right direction, be it only slow and steady.

I must admit,I'd never heard of bunny rescues until got the internet.I thought you could only rescue buns from the RSPCA.Hurrah for the internet for high lighting rescues & their plights.:D

Back