• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 male rabbit bonding- Day 3

alannahbale

Young Bun
Hi!
Yesterday was the third day of bonding are 2 male rabbits. I has went very well.

I was in the garden and gave them all of their food in one bowl and let them share it. From the day before, they are already kind of comfortable around each other. I don't think that they have any food aggression so they were aright.

We took the food away and Pipkin thought that Pumpkin was lying on top of the food so he sniffed him. Pumpkin wasn't bothered and this was sooo funny and cute!

Iif you want any advice, for the first few days I would recommended being in the bathtub with an old shoe and a squirty bottle. This is if they are about to fight you use the squirty bottle and squirt their head and if they are fighting or nipping each other, you can break it up with the shoe.

If you have any more good ideas, post your advice here!

Sounds like its going very well :D Well done, 2 males are notoriously hard to bond :wave:
I would advise just taking it slowly now. Dont expand their space too quickly. I assume they are both neutered? x

Yes they were neutred in September!

right now they are about a year 2 months!

Thank you for your advice.

They got along very well in the garden where they usually are. Is being in the garden alright?

Back