• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish I'd insisted on no overnight stay at the vets :( Updated :)

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
Really missing Frankie Doodles, I have been ok about it until now, and all of a sudden I get the feeling she is feeling really lonely & scared at the vets :( She was terrified when she went in this morning :(

My vets make buns have an overnight stay with any GA, and she had a dental today so had to stay in. My bridge dental bun was allowed home the same day (different vets), and sometimes while he was still sleepy as they knew I'd keep a good eye on him.

I wonder if now I could have insisted she came home, I'm sure she'd be less stressed here and recover a lot quicker.

Sorry, just feeling really sorry for myself :cry:

Well she's home! quiet, but has eaten a little bit and pooped, still not attempting pellets though. She snuggled into my belly for ages when she came home, normally she can't be caught, so I think she muct have been terrified at the whole experience!

Thank you for all your kind words everyone, I was a right sad sack last night :oops:

Last edited:
Awwww. I do know how you feel. To be honest though she'll probably still be so sleepy from the aneasthetic she won't be at all stressed or anything - just having a good snooze! You'll see her tomorrow (later today actually!) and it'll come like 'that' *snaps fingers*.

My vets always keep my animals in if they've had a Ga and they all cope fine, even the stressy guineas.

She'll be home safe and sound late this morning.

She will be fine, I was the same when Oidhche had an overnight stay last week, but she was her normal pain in the backside self the next morning. We do stress about them but she's with people who are there specifically to look after her :D:wave:

She'll be fine and home before you know it. Although I do understand your worry, I'd be the same most likely.

I'm sure you're more stressed than she is and that she'll be fine (but will sulk when you bring her home just to teach you a lesson).

Personally I think that rabbits should only be kept in if absolutely necessary, my view is they do better in their own environments with people they know and trust - it's not a reflection on the staff it's just what rabbits are like as a prey animal they are less stressed in familiar surroundings where they feel safe, so unless they are receiving treatment you can't do at home then I think they should go home, that's what I feel where my rabbits are concerned - even if it means they go back the next day to be at home at night is better.

Back