• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's happened to Casper?

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Casper and Poppy have been together since 2007, they where inseperable always huddled together in a corner but now all he does is chase her away and chase her around. :(

I thought maybe because we just added 2 other bunnies outside but that was a few weeks ago and then it all calmed again.

Poppy got into Frostys area a week ago without us knowing, we just found her there:shock: my dad said there was a gap in the back which has been fixed now.

They weren't fighting when we went out but Frosty has only been neutered 4 weeks by that time, i looked it up and it says males are fertile for 3 weeks so hopefully he was past it.

Do you think Poppy being in Frostys part has caused this sudden aggression in Casper:?

He has always been so docile and friendly:(

ohh:( internet is so misleading:roll:

Do you think Poppy being in the area of another male would make Casper be aggressive?

I don't like to see Poppy chased around but would there be no point in taking her away? They have been bonded 4 years:shock: with a gap because Casper needed to be removed and neutered before going back with her.

Do you think Poppy being in Frostys part has caused this sudden aggression in Casper:?

Yes! Absolutely. For one thing, if she'd got out and been gone for several hours this is long enough to affect a bond, and if she came back smelling of another man, it's bound to make Casper aggressive towards her. If the other chap had been neutered for 4 weeks by the time she got to him, then she should be ok - there are varying pieces of advice but after that time, the strong likelihood is that it would be fine...if indeed you are certain that this is the only time Poppy has got out to be with the other bun...

I think you need to go back to basics and bring them into a small, neutral area and re-establish their bond as if you were doing a new bonding. In the meantime, neutralise their house with vinegar and make sure they can't see the new buns. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to sort their bond out again but you will need to act with them as if it's a new bond, starting in a neutral space and only increasing the area gradually. Good luck!

Yes! Absolutely. For one thing, if she'd got out and been gone for several hours this is long enough to affect a bond, and if she came back smelling of another man, it's bound to make Casper aggressive towards her. If the other chap had been neutered for 4 weeks by the time she got to him, then she should be ok - there are varying pieces of advice but after that time, the strong likelihood is that it would be fine...if indeed you are certain that this is the only time Poppy has got out to be with the other bun...

I think you need to go back to basics and bring them into a small, neutral area and re-establish their bond as if you were doing a new bonding. In the meantime, neutralise their house with vinegar and make sure they can't see the new buns. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to sort their bond out again but you will need to act with them as if it's a new bond, starting in a neutral space and only increasing the area gradually. Good luck!

Thanks fot the advice. I'll so this with them:wave:

Back