• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does my bunny always have garden envy?

chillybonkers

Warren Scout
Why is it that whatever area of garden i allow my Bugsy to run free in he is always wanting more??

He started out with half the garden secured with wire mesh as we have a hedge on one side but he spends most of his time trying to find the weak spot to escape from.:roll:

Yesterday (due to my son having to remove 30ft of wire from around the garden everytime he wants to play out) i secured the wire virtually around the perimeter of my garden give or take a few feet, feeling quite chuffed with myself for giving my bun the best free space i could i let him out only to watch him test the wire fence all around and proceed to try to dig his way under it!:shock:

Does he just want to be somewhere else dya think or just abit ungrateful?:lol:

He he he, don't you just love bunnies. Mine do the same, just in case a magic hole might appear to let them out! They have a check every day to see, and every day it's still the same safe fence!:)

No. My decided to jump the 2ft high puppy panels and wire fence going around the lawn ( to stop them going in the shrubs) as she wanted to dig a tunnel under my Newzealand Flax. And I put up a 4ft high gate leading to the bottom garden which has lots of non-bunny safe plants - and Poppy jumps that now. Now I just leave the gate open when I let her out, and she is not so eager to venture down there now she knows she is allowed to !!

Hes a very big bunny and has always been very well behaved in the digging sense, he even jumps back into his hutch every nite for his pellets and treats with no prompting. His only misdemeanor is the need for even more freedom.

Our garden backs onto a huge school field so if he was to get out god only knows how we'd catch him on there! Think only the lure of a grape would bring him back!:lol:

Back