• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any one with dogs and bunnies

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Hi all, has anyone got dogs and buns? I just wonder which you got first, how did you introduce them? How well do they live together. Any stories that you would like to share.

I have 2 house buns but I am moving to the country next weekend (YAY!!!) and I would really love to get a couple of dogs.

There is room at the new house to build a great sized compound with a shed that the dogs could live in while I am at work.

Please could you share your experiences with me?

Thanks

Angela

I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, so I'll visit your thread later, as I have 3 dogs and 12 buns that all get along famously:D

My dog has always loved my four bunnies but he like Harry the harlequin lop the best :lol: here are some pics :D I'd let the rabbits meet the dog not the other way round otherwise the dogs might become quite dominant.
PICT0110.jpg

PICT0119.jpg

PICT0120.jpg

BB & Joey with Sally

DSC02140.jpg

Spike with his favourite bun, Oscar

DSC02100.jpg

Frankie with Ra and Hera

2009_0731Image0007.jpg

Every one of my six dogs has lived with rabbits, and I've been lucky that they've all got along really well.
Even little Joey, my tiniest bun (700g) is confident around the dogs, and none of them are in the slightest bit intimidated by the dogs.
There are quite a few threads about introducing dogs and rabbits on the forum. I'll see if I can find some

That photo of your dog and bun is lovely. Cassie is 5 months now, going on 6. She is fine with all the buns. She has licked the head of chesnut who she likes imparticular.

She does want to play with them though- so i don't allow her to mix with them- although through wire's she is fine. She doesnt' bother with them except to nuzzle them and say hello.

I am starting to trust her more. She is stopping playbiting now with me and just nuzzling. I wouldn't let her with the buns one on one until i knew she could restrain herself.

For now though she can meet them on the lead no problem and under supervision.

I intoduce my dogs slowly to the rabbits always watching and ready to step in if things get out of hand.I was lucky to have a very grumpy conti when Tess was a puppy who would put her in her place if she steped out of line.It takes a long time before you can totally trust some dogs with your bunnies.

100_4237.jpg

BILD0341.jpg

THIS ONE IS A VIDEO,so you will have to click on it to see a grumpy conti putting a puupy in its place

I intoduce my dogs slowly to the rabbits always watching and ready to step in if things get out of hand.I was lucky to have a very grumpy conti when Tess was a puppy who would put her in her place if she steped out of line.It takes a long time before you can totally trust some dogs with your bunnies.

100_4237.jpg

BILD0341.jpg

THIS ONE IS A VIDEO,so you will have to click on it to see a grumpy conti putting a puupy in its place

Gorgeous- how old was tess then in that vid?

Im hoping Toby woof will chill as he gets older as he wants to chase pebble.... i think pebble would put him in his place mind is she was out!

Oh Wow, these are truely amazing, the pictures are fantastic. Thank you all for sharing. It gives me hope that my dream of having dogs is possible even though we have the buns.

With much care of course.

Back