• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do rabbits like being high up?

mattyp

Warren Veteran
We all know that they love to sit on top of plant pots, sofas, and other high places.

But surely in the wild they would be low to ground so they could retreat to their warren? :?

Maisie happily sits at the top of the stairs all day long and Marvin is always trying to get to high up places where he shouldn't...but why?

To look over their territory and keep an eye out for predators :wave:

Biscuit is forever wanting to go up ontop of something :wave:

To look over their territory and keep an eye out for predators :wave:

Biscuit is forever wanting to go up ontop of something :wave:

But do they do it in the wild? You'd think they'd be scared to go too high as they're so fragile, but nope! The higher the better :roll:

Zoidberg loves getting up on top of the plant pots and just flopping out and keeping an eye out on the garden. and when we had mary and him both free ranging for a little while she soon followed him up there :lol:

we keep meaning to replace the weeds in the pots with plants, but we know they'll get eaten straight away! :lol:

Mine likes looking down on me from the chair in his room and I have to sit on the floor to accommodate him!

Back