• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question re apple branches

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I asked on freecycle for some apple branches and someone has kindly replied to say they have some. She asked how many I would like and sizes...how long do they last for? I'm thinking the bigger the better!

get loads and share them out ;) :lol: No idea how long they would last but the branches themselves dont last long once in the run :lol:

Check that they haven't be sprayed or treated.

If you clean (scrub) them & then keep them somewhere dry & airy they will last for a few months :wave:

That's a good idea! I might do that for mine! They love silverbirch but my dad didn't prue it this year so they missed out.

:thumb: We're having the tree people out soon, so I'll get them to prune our apple tree and will share the branches out between us all :wave:

Really best to wait until Oct/November for fruit tree pruning :) Unless you're not worried about having any fruit of course - depends on your reason for having the three I guess :)

Really best to wait until Oct/November for fruit tree pruning :) Unless you're not worried about having any fruit of course - depends on your reason for having the three I guess :)

We're not bothered about the fruit. It doesnt produce very nice fruit as it has always been over shadowed, Im hoping once the other trees are gone and it is getting more light, we will get better fruit :thumb:

have got two bin bags of apple branches :D they stripped one bare within a couple of days :shock: the majority of them have moss on, should I be scraping this off? (before I share these out with the northants hopper group! :wave:)

Back