• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help, baby rabbit poops are tiny!

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
ok so got Jaja home with us last night, went into check on him this moning and theres tiny poops everywhere (which i expected) but are they ment to be this small???

Hes eating well and drinking, runing about like a total nutter :love:

I do realise that there would be a diffrence in poop size compaired to a adult rabbit but they are really tiny, like the size of little peas.

He is eatting meadow hay, excel adult pellets (thats what owner had him on so dont want to change incase he gets a sore tummy).

If anyone has any pics of baby bunny poops i would be really greatfull to see them :D

i will check this post later to see if anyone has any advice if this is normal.

Off to pick up my son from his grandmas :D

ok here is 1 poop

it is beside a 1p

poop.jpg

It looks quite 'golden' but is blurred, so difficult to tell.

I wouldnt say it looks overly bad yet.

How 'baby' is your baby?

it might just the way baby is, i think the main thing is that they are doing them regularly. as long as baby is dont be overly concerned. some others might have some dietary ideas though so improve things.....

just a thought... it could be insufficiant hay in diet, my barney has small poos and he doesnt eat hay at all...

It looks quite 'golden' but is blurred, so difficult to tell.

I wouldnt say it looks overly bad yet.

How 'baby' is your baby?

well i was under the impression he was around 9 weeks, but no chance is he that old. When i picked him up last night the lady was working offshore so spoke to her boyfriend, he hasnt got a clue the exact age, i would say at the youngest 7 weeks old maybe.

That looks normal to me. Pipkin's poops are only slightly bigger than that and he's an adult.

it might just the way baby is, i think the main thing is that they are doing them regularly. as long as baby is dont be overly concerned. some others might have some dietary ideas though so improve things.....

just a thought... it could be insufficiant hay in diet, my barney has small poos and he doesnt eat hay at all...

well hes been eating hay and lots of it, so fingers crossed his poops will look a bit better later on :D

Look about the right size to me - especially if he is only 7 weeks (which is actually too young to sell).

so whats the right age to sell? p&h are selling them at 8 weeks seimingly. He wasnt in the cage with his mum and was eating pellets and hay so there cant surely be any reason for him to stay there any longer?

Just a thought :)

Advice on here is that babies should be on unlimited pellets until 3 months old, then for them to be slowly weaned to and egg cup full for around 6 months mark.

Unlimited hay and fresh water to be accessible at all times. Veggies at discression.

My Mum has continued to have veggies, and babies started on small amounts of spring greens and grass at around 4-5 weeks old. they have had herbs. as with anything new start small and monitor for results of runny poos

They look at little rustic but otherwise okay :)

..maybe get him some special hay and put some in with his meadow hay for a bit of foraging stimulation :)

xx

Advice on here is that babies should be on unlimited pellets until 3 months old, then for them to be slowly weaned to and egg cup full for around 6 months mark.

Unlimited hay and fresh water to be accessible at all times. Veggies at discression.

My Mum has continued to have veggies, and babies started on small amounts of spring greens and grass at around 4-5 weeks old. they have had herbs. as with anything new start small and monitor for results of runny poos

Thanks for that :D

ive been giving him plenty of hay, water and pellets. Just wondering now if he will stop eatting when hes full? i dont want an overweight bun

so whats the right age to sell? p&h are selling them at 8 weeks seimingly. He wasnt in the cage with his mum and was eating pellets and hay so there cant surely be any reason for him to stay there any longer?

Just a thought :)

Should be around 8 + weeks old, just because a bun is weaned, doesn't mean its ok to sell, they need mum for the full 8 weeks, IMO more for the learning and psychology and how to interact with other buns, than the physical need of mum.

ive been giving him plenty of hay, water and pellets. Just wondering now if he will stop eatting when hes full? i dont want an overweight bun

He'll find his hormones soon so I wouldn't worry to much, he'll be like a typical teenage boy then :lol: xx

They look at little rustic but otherwise okay :)

..maybe get him some special hay and put some in with his meadow hay for a bit of foraging stimulation :)

xx

will keep him on meadow hay for a few days and then start to mix it i think. any suggestions on good hay for him? I still have some timothy hay in the cupboard.

Your bun is still growing and will continue to do so until 6 months to a year depending on the breed, smaller buns stop growing closer to the 6 -8 month mark. To grow properly they need all that energy. Hay is very low in nutrients, hence the unlimited pellets. Plus have you seen baby buns running around, that take s a lot of energy.

You will not end up with an over weight bunny so long as its not locked up in a 3ft cage with no access to exercise. ;)

Back