• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

merlin saw 2 vets in 6 hours..vibes please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
the stress of the trapsing workmen in and out fixing the shower pump....have led him to have stasis.....:(

took him to bunnyvet at emsworth...id given him metacam and metaclopramide 2 hrs beforehand...so she gave him vetergesic.

he got worse and also floppy and soooo cold:(

i rang emsworth and she said its the vetergesic...being an opiate..is why hes so weak n listless. I wasnt happy so i rang the other vet im registered with..they told me to go back to emsworth:shock::censored:

so i rang petersfield...and we took merlin in at around midnight......vet said hed warmed up quite a bit...his tummy has an odd lump/mass in it..yes i said..thats the fatty necrosis..The vet said his gi tract had slowed down a lot...then he found blood on the table from merlin! turned out hed ripped a back foot toenail quick and all.....:shock::shock:

pain made him scrumple up and not move...then the pain meant he wouldnt move and got sooo cold.

vet said zantac him.....feed him.

i gave him metaclopramide ....zantac and 2x 5ml syringes of baby food to get his taste buds and tummy going...later will come the critical care powder.

its 4.49am....i have a hospital appt at 11am and need to book a taxi etc....if i dont get some sleep soon...im gonna die i swear:(

please please send tummy working vibes for mr fwuffy

merlin bunny...aka merlin the destroyer:lol:

ive got the radiators on to keep him warm..hes snuggled up against the hot pipes...instead of the warm thermal blanket and blanket bed:roll:

please everyone...hes such a loving lovable little boy.

Loads and loads of vibes being sent ur way from us we are thinking bout u get well soon xxxxxxxx bunny mum to buggles pixie Gordon Robert pig mum to binky and meg and chilla mum to missy xxxxx

Come on Merlin, get munching please. I hope you are able to cope with your appt without too much stress. Try and look after yourself too.

Poor Merlin, hope he feels better very soon. Hope you managed to get to your appointment ok, you must be shattered :(

Vibes for Merlin xxx

What a disaster..:cry:..poor things not cured by any means....and i didnt make it to the hospital...my blackouts were so bad i couldnt even hold a drink without throwing it all over myself or pull me trousers down to go for a wee and end up almost on my back on the loo...myclonic jerks one neuro said the other trys to blame it on my depression......:censored:

thats what my hospital apt was for..to see the mental health team and take along the letter from my neuro to my gp..which proves he has never ever listenened to me:cry:

merlin is eating hay...but no pellets...i am wondering if when he was first at emsworth that when the vet examined his mouth to see his teeth..if she made it sore....?

Merlin obviously has a flare up of the necrotic fatty tissue...and its squeezing itself together and constricting again..hence the pain and stasis.

He has been having metaclopramide...at least twice a day....and only one dose of zantac friday night......hes not being syringe fed anyhting but baby food as if his mouths sore..its too traumatic for him and like the vet said..stress makes it worse....so im not going to stress him anymore than i have to.

if he werent pooing id oxbow cc him...but hes still pooing...and yes theyre so weeny and light coloured...but theres a good teaspoon full at a time when he goes..and hes been going a fair bit....but he was like this when they admitted him the last two times.......:(

im hoping the pain relief..good ole metacam and the metaclopramide..its helping him lots.....and hay nom nom is a blessing...hes eating a fair old bit of it...more than he usually eats.

so more vibes please xx

Thank you guys.....it must be working!!
hes by no means well...BUT he has started eating SOME of the science selective pellets...........yay. Hes still eating hay......:D:D

hes had his cage cleaned out but not washed out..i think his own scent right now is a help for him to feel safe again.

theres poop..tiny but its there.....and hes been drinking a teeny amount....

hes a little more relaxed..he actually did a roll just before i came up to bed...and went up to the grid to sniff and kiss bertie...and hes running when he hears anyhting that might be a treat!

i wont allow myself to get too excited as hes done this before..so im waiting with baited breath...and keeping fingers crossed for him.....hes such a sweetie pie he really is...i tried rubbing his nose through the grid..all he wanted to do is get out!! if hes well enough then the move back upstairs will be wednesday we hope.....and then hell have way more run aorund space...once we fence off bluebell the big bully!!

any spare vibes keep em coming.

supposed to have sky out to repair wiring upstairs tuesday.........and replacing our box...which is knackered......i think i will have to cancel no matter what....!!

Back