• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girls in the runaround

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
Beatrice and Flossie have been evicted from their aviary whilst we build a new enclosure, so today I decided to link up the hutch they're temporarly in to an eglu and run with a runaround tube system.

well what can I say it's fantasic Beatrice was the first one to venture out and spent the afternoon going in and out and in and out :D i was worried floss wouldn't get it as she's not quite the full ticket but she did this evening, I was worried she might not get back as she has very poor eyesight but she did so I am chuffed.

Would highly recommend the system, the flowers that attach to the hutch and run are very secure and the tube is very strong and has holes all the way along so no risk of suffocation. Oh heres a piccie

f254e147.jpg

0de7b1c0.jpg

Last edited:
Tanya you keep your light hidden under a bushel. That's a fabbo idea, which I am now considering stealing!

when they arrived I thought, they are never going to fit through that hole, but it's amazing the do! I think they do do a larger size though

I think Matilda and partner would need that! :oops: She is a giant, though...not just fat!:lol:)

That looks fab, does the mesh runnel bit come with mesh underneath? Its just Jess is a digger so I wouldn't be able to leave her unattended on bare grass :roll:

That looks fab, does the mesh runnel bit come with mesh underneath? Its just Jess is a digger so I wouldn't be able to leave her unattended on bare grass :roll:

No this one doesn't but this is only a temporary home for them and they only have access to the run when I'm there. You could of course add mesh to the bottom for diggers and extra security.

Used alone Omlet eglus are only suitable as runs as the house bit is very small nothing more than a hidey hole really, but for a run they are great :D

Back