• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Brunel

rngpwelfare

Mama Doe
We took a albino nethie in 10 days ago, all seemed fine until last Friday when we found a lot of fresh red blood in his clean hutch.
Thinking he'd caught a nail or something I picked him up to find a pink tinge to his bottom area but no obvious sign of blood. Kept checking him though out the afternoon and evening and although a bit more blood, we still couldn't find where from and had a happy bouncy bunny.
Up early the next morning incase we needed a vet. But although there was more blood it was dry, no more fresh blood and Brunel still happy. :( Theo came and looked at him she couldn't find anything wrong, after we'd prodded and poked.

Anyway in to vet on Tuesday for his first jab, only to be told he had a large lump in his bladder and they wanted to admit there and then :(

I had a phone call yesterday to say he had the biggest bladder stone they have ever removed form a rabbit he's in a lot of pain at the moment as they also castrated him while he was under.
Got him back tonight and look what they took out of him

Brunelsstone.jpg

Brunel.jpg

That's a £2 coin next to it. :shock:

So please can you all send poor Brunel some get better soon vibes. I'm a bit worried about him.

Ouch!! :shock: Poor Brunel indeed that must have been agony. I know he'll be feeling rough now but he'll feel amazing in a few days once he's healed up a bit and realises that particular pain is no longer there.

Get well soon Brunel xxx

:shock: Oh my goodness, thats huge! Poor little thing!!!

Sending lots and lots of vibes & nose-rubs xx

Good grief :shock: I had no idea a bladder stone could get that big, if you'd just described that without a photo I don't think I'd have believed you!

Hope the little chap recovers well, I bet he feels a whole lot happier without the weight and irritation of that in there!

Glad he is ok today, poor little guy.

Your vet has done a great job :)

*cough* Are there any pics of the little fella?

Back