• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do I look at Freecycle?

Rhian33

Warren Veteran
Yesterday someone was advertising 2 11 week old rabbits and didn't know the sex. Instructions were "make sure you have a suitable box to put them in on collection" :shock:. Today there were another 2 11 week old rabbits again with the owner not having a clue about the sex shortly followed by someone who appeared to foster for a large animal rescue wanting rid of a Syrian hamster asap (in Rotastak :evil:) as the space is needed to take in wildlife.

What is wrong with people and the owners of the groups? Aaaargh!

:evil::evil:

Our local freecycle doesn't allow pets thankfully...

Mine doesn't either. This was a group near where I work as it's easy for me to pick up and drop off there plus it has animals so I feel I should contact people and give advice if I know it's going on.

Have replied to yesterday's bunny person and todays hammy ad. I'm yet to contact the other bunny one as it seems a bit of a coincidence that these 2 are 11 weeks as well so it could be the same ones.

"make sure you have a suitable box to put them in on collection" :shock:.

What's wrong with that? It's just to make sure people bring their own carrier, rather than assume that one is provided with the rabbits.

Although I agree, it is sad the amount of people getting rid of animals via freecycle, probably with no knowledge of where they'll go. One came up on mine the other day saying "Rabbit with cage no longer wanted my kid has lost interessed." :(

What's wrong with that?

Because that was the only instruction. Nothing about needing suitable accommodation or ability to sex them as she hadn't bothered or even the need for a loving home. It was just another unwanted item with an instruction very much like "will need a large van to collect"

One came up on mine the other day saying "Rabbit with cage no longer wanted my kid has lost interessed."

That's awful :(

Because that was the only instruction. Nothing about needing suitable accommodation or ability to sex them as she hadn't bothered or even the need for a loving home. It was just another unwanted item with an instruction very much like "will need a large van to collect"

That's awful :(

That's a fair point, I do think people underestimate others' lack of research/caring though....a few years ago, if I had needed to rehome a pet, it wouldn't have even occurred to me to specify care details, as I would assume everyone would put effort into researching and providing the animal's needs :( Really had my eyes opened since.

Although I suppose in this situation she doesn't sound all that dedicated herself *sigh*

I wish we could take them all :(

Back