• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How come

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
My black and white dutch bunny is turning into a brown and white dutch.

Hi summer coat is patched with dark brown and his ears have gone a beautiful red/brown colour.

Dont get me wrong, he looks stunning but I remember when I rescued my black and white cat, he should be black and white but his coat is tinged with brown rather than true black. The RSPCA told me that it was because he was malnourished as a kitten.

I am worried that Herbs may not be eating enough now although he seems to be. He lives with Fudge who is quite obvioulsy the boss.

Any ideas??

My girl Bobby was grey and white as a baby, but now she has a reddy brown tinge to her grey bits, I thought that it was due to the moulting and changing into their adult coat if that makes sense?

I think their fur gets a bit bleached in the sun, which is why it seems to happen in summer.
Pipkin (black bunny) goes a red colour in summer. I think it's cause he loves to sunbathe!

Joejoes jet black in the winter apart from his paws but in the summer he gets a touch of the gingers and is more browny coloured, in fact this year he's got some coffee coloured bits coming through too. I used to have a black cat when i was little too that looked brown in the sunlight, i'm sure it's nothing to do with diet though so don't worry

My black and white dutch bunny is turning into a brown and white dutch.

Hi summer coat is patched with dark brown and his ears have gone a beautiful red/brown colour.

Dont get me wrong, he looks stunning but I remember when I rescued my black and white cat, he should be black and white but his coat is tinged with brown rather than true black. The RSPCA told me that it was because he was malnourished as a kitten.

I am worried that Herbs may not be eating enough now although he seems to be. He lives with Fudge who is quite obvioulsy the boss.

Any ideas??

My cat is a black and white cat with a brownish tinge to his black fur in places. He certainly was not malnourished as a kitten. In all likelihood it's probably some sort ginger in his genes showing through. Ollie's mom was blueish tabby, his dad was a whole mix of colours including patches of ginger. I've always put his brownish tinge down to his daddy :)

Back