• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sitting with Bisciut this morning pondering what to do :(

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
My mum has said we can't keep him as we can't afford another bun with as many probs as he has :cry:, me & OH think we could maybe just afford but it would be a struggle :(,

his breathing has been so good the past week too & not had any discharge, & he hasn't left anymore special poos since swapping him onto pellets (he was on a cheap mix :() & he has been nomming away at hay which is a good sign :),

I am going to get him neutered at the end of the month when I get paid & have all his teeth checked while he is under GA, then I will know how bad/good his teeth are ..

I dont' want to have to rehome him :( .. but I know if he does end up with bad teeth probs It will make us struggle a bit if any of the other buns end up with the same probs :(, & I know if he does have dental probs it will make it alot harder to rehome too ..

sorry just a bit of a moan :(, I feel for the little guy, he really is a sweet little bun, hmm lets just hope his teeth are ok :)

Have you managed to speak to the vet he saw when your aunty took him? Is it back teeth that are the problem. I really feel for you making the decision.

Have you managed to speak to the vet he saw when your aunty took him? Is it back teeth that are the problem. I really feel for you making the decision.

not yet, I've not had a minute as getting really overloaded with college stuff to be finnished, but I am going to make an app for Monday & take him along to speak to them I think to discuss what my options are :(,

I'm hoping his back teeth are ok, but I deffo think his front teeth need done, they just don't look right (comparing to my lot)

ETA: they are going to think I'm mad with another bun :shock::oops:

Last edited:
I know it's hard but is there an option of having his front teeth removed if it's going to be a monthly trauma? Anna the vet was laughing at me yesterday because of my bun obsession!!

I know it's hard but is there an option of having his front teeth removed if it's going to be a monthly trauma? Anna the vet was laughing at me yesterday because of my bun obsession!!

that will be something I will talk about & that could be done when he is being neutered if it is an option :(,

they are just not right, when I first saw them they look over grown .. but they seem to have worn down a bit now .. but the just don't sit right .. look a bit bent maybe ?, will try & get a pic when I get home if he lets me

Back