• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet insurance

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Morning all, just wondered what pet insurance people would recommend? Its only since yesterday when I thought 'what if' id broken maples foot, how much would the cost of xrays meds etc cost that I thought I should def take insurance out. Any advice? X

Morning all, just wondered what pet insurance people would recommend? Its only since yesterday when I thought 'what if' id broken maples foot, how much would the cost of xrays meds etc cost that I thought I should def take insurance out. Any advice? X

Well when Zoidberg broke his toe it cost us £400 to sort it out :shock: worth every penny though!

Looking into insurance for Mary and Zoidberg at the moment....

generally people on here seem to recommend petplan as they cover the most stuff although not dentals and are good for making claims.

There are very few companys which offer bunny insurance Petplan is considered one of the best. Pets @ Home have just started offering bunny insurance cheaper than PP but as its fairly new we dont have much info on how good they are with paying for claims etc. I have just insured D&D with them, but I also put money away every month just in case as well!

Mine are insured by Petplan but I'm not really happy with how the price has risen. I had my renewal letter this morning and they have put the cost and the treatment excess up again. When I started with them it cost me £18 a month to insure my 2 with a £50 excess. Two years later its £29 with a £65 excess. However, they do offer "cover for life" no matter what happens.

There are very few companys which offer bunny insurance Petplan is considered one of the best. Pets @ Home have just started offering bunny insurance cheaper than PP but as its fairly new we dont have much info on how good they are with paying for claims etc. I have just insured D&D with them, but I also put money away every month just in case as well!

Have you changed from Petplan then? Was it the cost that influenced you? Sorry to be nosy but this is what I was thinking of doing!

I have one with petplan who have been fine, but have just insured 3 others with pets at home. The excess is higher but it's cheaper and includes some dental costs. We'll have 2 see how that goes with regards to claims. It was cheaper to insure 3 buns with pets at home than 2 with petplan!

Have you changed from Petplan then? Was it the cost that influenced you? Sorry to be nosy but this is what I was thinking of doing!

No, I didn't have insurance before! I had just put aside money into a bunny fund every month and so far it's paid for all emergencies and is still looking very healthy! I felt PP was rather expensive so when the cheaper P@H option became available I took it up. Primarily so that I have complete peace of mind that should D or D develop a more serious long term problem or something that requires very expensive treament they will be covered. I can afford to pay for dentals myself which I think is the main bone of contention with bunny insurance, this is really in case much more expensive health problems crop up. I've taken out life cover and it was less than £14 for both of them plus they have sent me £20 P@H vouchers! I will also continue to put a minimum of £25 in their bunny fund each month as a back up!

No, I didn't have insurance before! I had just put aside money into a bunny fund every month and so far it's paid for all emergencies and is still looking very healthy! I felt PP was rather expensive so when the cheaper P@H option became available I took it up. Primarily so that I have complete peace of mind that should D or D develop a more serious long term problem or something that requires very expensive treament they will be covered. I can afford to pay for dentals myself which I think is the main bone of contention with bunny insurance, this is really in case much more expensive health problems crop up. I've taken out life cover and it was less than £14 for both of them plus they have sent me £20 P@H vouchers! I will also continue to put a minimum of £25 in their bunny fund each month as a back up!

That's interesting, thank you :D I think at the very least I will look at the P@H insurance and compare the two. I don't want to be without insurance but I do want a good deal!

Thanks all thats great...

Well when Zoidberg broke his toe it cost us £400 to sort it out worth every penny though!

How did you recognise he had broken it? I stepped on maple yesteryda but she isnt limping and is happily jumping and running about but im still worried coz i feel so guilty!

Thanks all thats great...

How did you recognise he had broken it? I stepped on maple yesteryda but she isnt limping and is happily jumping and running about but im still worried coz i feel so guilty!

He was visibly limping on that leg, that toe could also be moved freely from the others... If it's jumping around etc and not limping etc I'd say they are okay!

I've no idea how he broke it though...

Back