• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Rabbits Eat Pussy Willow?

Janey

Warren Veteran
I vaguely remember it being mentioned they can but I'm not too sure.

I'm a housing officer and a tree has been trimmed on one of the estates I manage, I was wondering if it's any good for the bunnies?

I may be completely wrong of course :lol:

Willow is safe, but the bark contains salicin and there are hundreds of different willow species with varying salicin levels in their bark. Salicin is a similar compound to Aspirin (where it came from originally). Nobody knows how much natural salicins affect bunnies so it's best to feed it in moderation.

Pussy Willow is just a willow variety in bud before it flowers :wave:

Willow is safe, but the bark contains salicin and there are hundreds of different willow species with varying salicin levels in their bark. Salicin is a similar compound to Aspirin (where it came from originally). Nobody knows how much natural salicins affect bunnies so it's best to feed it in moderation.

Pussy Willow is just a willow variety in bud before it flowers :wave:

Thank you, I will get them a little bit and see what they think of it. :)

Please make sure the tree has not been treated/sprayed with anything and that the branches/twigs are free of lichen/mould etc :wave:

Yes I was thinking this, think I'm just going to leave it, don't want to risk anything!! I'll have to get up the apple tree in the back garden with a saw instead :lol:

Back