• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Kittens being spayed today UD she is home and ok glad for tips post spay x

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Kitten is going in today for her spay so please keep her in your thoughts, ive been up early so she can have a good run out in the garden before we go and a nice full tummy of grasses! Her little bag is packed with hay herbs treat and pellets so she can have a picnic after surgery! So think ive done all i can just have the day to tidy up and make comfy her are when she comes home now. :? just a bit worried i just hate that u cant explain to animals that its for there own good she gets to live healthier and hopefully get herself a bunny boyfriend :D

Last edited:
Awww did you get my good luck text from Bobby? Kitten will be fine keep her warm when she gets home and on nice soft surfaces, she will be hopping around again in no time :D

Awww did you get my good luck text from Bobby? Kitten will be fine keep her warm when she gets home and on nice soft surfaces, she will be hopping around again in no time :D

i did, thank u i can ring at 2 and hopefully should be able to pick her up at 3, ive just had a sort out so there is nothing to jump on or from and put a folded blanket in the spot she likes to sit in so hopfully she should be happy enough, looking forward to getting her home now! been a long day x

She is home very sleepy but ok, she hasnt eaten anything yet but her op wasnt until 2ish so its still early yet, they said if she doesnt eat in 24hours to take her back but she will im sure x otherwise we are back for a wound check on monday x

i was more worried than i expected think becuase she is so tiny (compared to a rottie at least) was just so glad to have her home again! Really missed the little tinker, She is just dozing now on the blanket she has eaten 3 pellets and a small circle of carrot so thats encouraging, and she has had a very small hop about she just looks sad but she has just had a big op! Just keep popping my head around her door to check on her but looking ok so far! Thank u for checking on us x Once she is back to full strength we will have to sort u and Bobs popping in il send matt to play golf or something that keeps him out the way for ages!

Back