• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the difference between a dwarf lop and a mini lop?

If you're in the UK, the mini is smaller than the dwarf.

Purebred Mini - Ideal 1.5kg, maximum 1.6kg (a lot of pet mini's could be bigger though)

Purebred Dwarf - 1.93 to 2.38kg

ah you were on a usa site;)

dwarf lops have short legs but can be as big as 3 or 4kg....or 2.5kg

mini lops are weeny by comparison.....their ears are real short and can go right up when scared. about 2kg ish

so about 3lb in weight for mini lops

about 5lb for a dwarf lop.

dwarf lops have bigger bodies and heads with longer ears........and hooge thumperlike back feet;)

mini lops are sooo cute to look at but suffer really badly from dental issues.

if you are getting one...id advise one whose skull is nearly full grown to assess likelyhood of dental probs.

oops ok i think i got posted later than i realised:lol:

i was going by my own buns id had..my "dwarf lop" was massive...but short legs and hooge feets.

my mini lop was pocket sized almost...he had such teeny feets and legs and wickle tail.

Ok i think jack may be a dwarf lop! What do you think? Bearing in mind he was about 14weeks when this was taken.

IMG00200-20110516-1302.jpg

Ok i think jack may be a dwarf lop! What do you think? Bearing in mind he was about 14weeks when this was taken.

IMG00200-20110516-1302.jpg

If that's him at 14 weeks then I'd say yes he could be a pet bred dwarf (most dwarf lops bred as pets are bigger and less compact with longer faces and ears than purebred dwarf lops) :)

Back