• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid question!!!

loulabell

Warren Scout
How do you guys store your rabbit veg???
i've read you should'nt give them veg straight out the fridge as it upsets there tummies, just wonderd what you all do???
told you it was a stupid question!!! :lol:

Store it in the fridge then take it out, prepare what you need and leave it out for a little while to warm up :D

this is what i've been doing, just a pain when you go to feed them and realise you've forgotten to get it out!! :lol:

I've always fed veg straight from the fridge and never had any problems. Have been doing this for over 20 years so I think I'd have noticed if it caused issues by now. Just think about it, a wildie would happily be eating grass on a freezing night when it's covered in white frost. That's got to be colder than taking a cabbage out of the fridge?

Personally I've never kept my buns fruit/veg in the fridge. I only keep lettuce/tomato/cucumber/strawberries/berries in the fridge, all other veg (for me and for buns) I keep in a dark place. I have like a 4 shelf rack thing that I keep it all in. Also just keeping it n a tub or whatever you like, as long as it's dark, seems to keep it very well :)

:wave: I usually take it out of the fridge & chop it up about 30 mins before feeding, to take the chill off. Sometimes I forget, but it's never harmed them.

Back