• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Convert!!!

Bunbun2011

Young Bun
Well, I was converted a few years ago but who knew rabbits were such wonderful pets?!?!?

I sort of inherited mine as my step-son didn't look after them properly so we decided enough was enough and they came to live at our house. That was Nettle a Lop and Dock a New Zealand white. They lived in the garage but had a big run in the garden, one day Nettle went missing and we never saw him again. :( We have no idea how he could've got out of his run but he managed it somehow.

We didn't really want another rabbit so we let Dock come and live in the house so he had company and suddenly his personality shone out like a big bunny beacon!!!! I am now totally in love with rabbits :love: and think they are the best pets ever!! He's so funny and cheeky and loving. I would have another one but my husband doesn't want any more (even though he does love Dock too).

Sadly Dockie hasn't had a good year, he's been poorly lots and I'm nursing him at the moment and keeping my fingers crossed this isn't his last year. He had an overnight stay at the vets last month and the house was so empty, I hated it. So everyone fingers and paws crossed he gets back to being healthy.

Rabbits rule!! ;)

:wave: hi

i'm sure you won't have a shortage of people on here agreeing with your love of bunnies!

i hope Dock is feeling better soon. :)

Hope Dock is better soon. I agree though, you see so much odd bunny behaviour when they're indoors with you, I could sit watching my two for hours :lol:

Hiya and welcome! Sounds like Dock is a lucky bunny with such caring owners :wave: Hope he OK now after being at the vets. :wave:

Thanks everyone. Alot of people are still surprised when I say we have a house bunny and I'm not sure they believe me when I say what a character he is and how (for me) he's a much better pet than a cat. They're not easier to look after than cats which most people probably think they are, but they're certainly worth the effort. Thankfully Dock seems to be making progress each day, he's started running around again and asking for food. One thing has never changed, he's always on the scrounge for cuddles - lol. ;)

Back