• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish me luck for my Depocillin Jab tonight for Ginger...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...i've messed up the last two and blown depocillin all over her and had to clean her up thoroughly and quickly :(

Good luck!!

I'm not brave enough to attempt an injection!!

I must have done about 25 or so now, but the last two, i dont know, they just keep blowing out on me. I do them a 2nd time, and its all fine Grrr.

Left the syringe in the room after removing from the bottle for 10-15 mins to let it warm up a little, as i know it can be tough after being in the fridge for so long, but grrr!

Good luck! I would never dare try and injection on mine, syringes in the mouth are bad enough so don't get downhearted that a couple have gone a bit wrong :wave:

Good luck! I would never dare try and injection on mine, syringes in the mouth are bad enough so don't get downhearted that a couple have gone a bit wrong :wave:

If it was Biscuit, i wouldn't be doing it. It's only 'cos its Ginger, she's too placid and normally just sits there and eats what i put infront of her, while i do the jab. I normally find them really easy, but the last 2, i dont know whats goign wrong!

Thanks all :)

I found that before I changed the needle for the new injecting one, drawing the Depocillin back a little into the syringe and holding it clenched in my hand for several minutes warmed it up to body temperature, making it a little more fluid. It also keeps the Depocillin clear of the actual needle where it can clog more easily, right up until you are ready to inject.

Good luck.

It really knocks your confidence doesn't it, when they go wrong!? :( Penecillin is the worst one I've found - It starts to solidify as soon as it goes in the syringe :evil:

Back