• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange day at the vets...

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
On Monday both Ben and Evie had to go in to see the vet. Each was put in their individual carriers, and Ben wore one of his harnesses (This is a personal choice)
Our vet's is inside out local PaH, whihc is very convieniant.

I was dropped off at the vets ten mins before Ben's appointment by the future-FiL, who promised to be back in time for evie's appointment.

When at the vets I tend to take Ben out of his carrier before we go in, and sit him on my knee or shoulder with his lead attached to the harness. He likes to look around and he can be a pest to gfet out of the carrier, so saves time in the examination room.

So thats how I went in to see the vet, Ben sat on my shoulder, where he tried to leap back to as soon as he was placed on the examination table. He's well behaved at the vets, just likes mam to hold him. His appointment took about 2 minutes (of a 15 min appointment) as was just a check up.

Since the nurse knew I was there with Evie and no one else was waiting she called us in early.

I ended up carrying Ben on my shoulder when we took Evie in to see the nurse, as was easier. Turns out was a good thing. Evie's carrier decided to break. All the clips snapped in half when the nurse opened them to ge Evie out! Result was one Evie being transferred into Ben's carrier, with Ben staying on my shoulder. Evie took about 5 minutes for her check up.

All went well at the vets itself; Ben was i to have his teeth checked as worried about spurs forming on his back teeth due to one bunny not eatting enough hay. Evie was in to have a check up following her spay on Friday. One young cat is so unimpressed with the radar dish round her head!

Out of a half hour block we took about 10 minutes max. With no sign of future-FiL. I ended up wandering around the aile nearest the waiting area with Ben nestled in my arms, leaning up on my shoulder watchin the world go round, and accepting nose rubs from curious children.

Future-FiL turned up looking annoyed Ben wasn't in his carrier (still doesn't understand rabbits well!), till I explained what had happened. I explained I'd sit in the back of the car with Ben beside me for the short journey home. Know this wasn't the best, but no wallets to purchase a new carrier at that point!

So sat in the back of the cat, Evie in the carrier with the front turned so she could see me, and Ben sat on the seat between us. There was no fuss, no white eyes, no thumping. In fact Ben lay down and closed his eyes within moments, leaning against his mam, quite contented! When we got home he tried to follow Evie's carrier out the door (but was taken out o the road side), but prevented him doing so, though tried to encourage him to jump out our door, was more interested in the now closed oone Evie had gone through. Ended up picking him up and giving him half an hour running around the garden on his long lead (Its a puppy training line, 2m long and no snapping bak, plus cheap!), as a reqard for being so well behaved!

He's one weird rabbit, but hopefully before the next time they both have ot attend the vet together we'll have a new carrier. I do have a shoulder sling bag thing, but on Monday I was told not to use it. Wish I had! So might use that next time.

Back