• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this true? (RSPCA related)

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I have piggies and all of mine have been rescued the rspca told me they are really clamping down on bunnies and piggies living together so much so that if a piggy is injured and goes to the vet, the vet has to ask if a bunny is living with it and if it is the rspca are notifed and will take either the piggy or bunny off the owner as its considered creulty and if a piggy dies then they have the right to prosocute again for creulty.

If the writer of this is on here, please forgive my cynicism. I'd just like a bit of clarification before I start saying it to other people. :oops:

Last edited:
I didn't think vets could notify the RSPCA because the owner has sought medical advice for their animal.

unless the law has been changed recently, The RSPCA have no more rights than you or me to ask a vet anything
..and despite popular belief encouraged by calling themselves inspectors and wearing uniforms similar to police..they have no right to enter your house unless accompanied by a police officer and a warrant
people let them in as they think they are legally allowed to force entry, but they are not

Last edited:
Right, ok. I'm not going to say anything to the person who wrote it cos the person they wrote it too is someone I've told before that they shouldn't live together and go into the reasons why. Even if this is a bit of a porky I'm kinda hoping it might scare them into getting the bun a bun partner and the GP a GP partner. I didn't want to repeat it anywhere though if it was incorrect. :oops:

Back