• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey's starting digging and biting me?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
She's decided recently she doesn't like being groomed.

Binky's started to try escape grooming as well, but I just keep bringing her back and she doesn't attack me for it! Her hair is shorter as well, so it doesn't take as long.

Bailey won't stand for it though. She's got longer hair so needs to be groomed regularly. I have always sat them on my lap in front of the tv on the sofa.

Tonight she started digging at my lap and actually bit me quite badly :(

She's not an aggresive bunny (touch wood!) only when she's being groomed.

Any tips? I don't want to upset her, but she has to be brushed!!

Are they getting to the teen stage? I'd probably give them food & do it whilst they are eating - When all else fails resort to bribery! :oops:

hi. i dont know anything about your bunnies but if bailey isnt neutered it might be that she needs to be. flopsy did this to me preneutering, never does it now though. the last straw was i when i got weed on!

My boys have been neutered and behave like this every time they have to be brushed, I've got some lovely bruises where they've bitten me. I've tried bribery but it hasn't worked for me. They only have to see me with the brush and comb and, especially Dylan, make a funny little cry and scarper, it's so frustrating as I'm very careful not to hurt them or pull their fur. :roll:

Julie has never minded being brushed or messed with as long as I don't pick her up. Have you tried to brush him on the floor maybe give a treat to get him to come to you and another treat after? Hopefully he will catch on and tolerate the grooming for treats. That is if he is food oriented.

I try bribery! Haha, I'll try maybe when she's eating her dinner from the bowl.

She's only 14.5 weeks old, (3 and a half months) so isn't old enough to be spayed yet. She will be though, both of them will be. Especially as they seem to be regressing when it comes to litter training! Argh!!!

Maybe this is the teenage stage! She gives me some insolent looks sometimes! Just like a teenager!

Back