• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poo in a chain

this morning i noticed a number of poos that were linked together what does this mean xx

You can make a tiny necklace!

Sorry, serious now - it usually happens when the bun is moulting and the hair passing through links the poops together. Ensure bunny is drinking well, perhaps provide a bowl of water as well as a bottle and feed plenty of fibre rich foods (hay and leafy veg/wild leaves - see foraging 2011 for ideas) -you can leave veg wet to increase water intake too.

Aaaah, the joys of poo bracelets. :lol:

When bunnies moult, they'll ingest more hair and this comes out with the poo, stringing them together. I always take it as a good sign - far better for the hair to be working its way right through than to be causing a blockage.

It can help to make sure they're drinking plenty (mine prefer slightly warm water so I refill their bowl several times a day).

Agree with the others, moulting bun can = stringy poop.

Some people say that pineapple (must be fresh) can help break down any hair. I gave mine a syringe full each of freshly squeezed pineapple yesterday. Be careful not to give too much though due to the sugar content.

Back