• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i say something or will i seem ungreatful??

shell1805

Mama Doe
just phones the in laws to see how the buns are while we are away and they said they are both doing fine. bella is taking her meds ok, but (now this is the bit im mad at) they are only giving her her meds in the evening. bella is on baytril 1.4ml twice daily for 2 weeks ending next wednesday, when i asked why are they doing it only once (thinking maybe it is running out and i need to speak to the vets to organise more) they said they are in too much of a rush in the mornings to give it to her :? ummmmmmm get up a few mins early!!!!!

now they are doing me a favour having the buns and im really greaful considering they are having them while bella is ill but i at least expected them to continue her meds like the vet requested.

am i being unreasonable??

no, you aren't being unreasonable at all.

i agree that they are doing you a favour, however, that is her medication. if she needs it twice a day, she needs it twice a day and they should do so :wave:

No, you're not.
The meds need doing twice a day, so that's how much they should be doing it.

I had my friends rats and just made sure I got up and did it... Doesn't really take long

You're not being unreasonable, she is poorly and needs the proper medication or will get worse.

I would say something *gently* to them - explain that she could get seriosuly ill if she's not having the right meds. Say that you understand it takes up their time but you'd really appreciate it if they could do as the vet requested, and that you'll make it up to them by taking them out for a meal or something.

I would be devastated if my pet sitter wasn't looking after them properly :( Atlhough possibly it's more ignorance than neglect.

i dont think they are doing it to be neglectful or anything, i just think they see a weepy eye as nothing :roll: my father in law took one look at her when we dropped her off and decided to inform me that i had wasted my money taking her to the vets as its just a watery eye :roll:

doesnt help matters that they keep going on about how they are getting bella to take all her meds where as i will admit me and the OH are pretty hit and miss as she struggles so much. so my OH thinks once a day 'spot on' is better than what we were doing :shock:

like i cant take care of them :(

i knew i should have taken them with us!!!

Back