• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really fed up now

xxranxx

Alpha Buck
The bunnies are chewing :censored: out of the new shed and its getting to the point where theyre gunna make a whole as the shed is overlap wood. i bought the spray which is supposed to stop them chewing i have used nearly 2 bottles in 1 week and 2 days ... its £4.50 a bottle and not working... i tried vinegar - didnt work. they have apple branches in there willow sticks all the wooden toys and a little wooden bunny stool which is chewable but they insist on chewing the shed :| i can line it with wood till weekend as i have no way of getting any and my handyman isnt free till then but that is my long term plan just looking for any short term remedies to save the shed till then :)

The bunnies are chewing :censored: out of the new shed and its getting to the point where theyre gunna make a whole as the shed is overlap wood. i bought the spray which is supposed to stop them chewing i have used nearly 2 bottles in 1 week and 2 days ... its £4.50 a bottle and not working... i tried vinegar - didnt work. they have apple branches in there willow sticks all the wooden toys and a little wooden bunny stool which is chewable but they insist on chewing the shed :| i can line it with wood till weekend as i have no way of getting any and my handyman isnt free till then but that is my long term plan just looking for any short term remedies to save the shed till then :)

HI :wave: dont know what to suggest? do you have anywhere you could house them on a temporary basis till you can get the shed boarded out?

iv made a half ditch attempt by attaching mesh to the bits theyre chewing the most (behind their cat box) but theyl probably just chew through the squares little monsters ... just been out to see them and theyre just too cute cant stay mad for long :)

You have my sympathies, my Peter chewed through a Rydale 12mm wall covered in shiplap in 2 places, and would have got out had I not noticed ( on side of wall in toilet area) The man at Ryedale was speechless!!! (not blaming him, just got a champion chewer!):roll:

So when I bought a playhouse I spent £XXXXXXXXX having the walls lined with extra thick plywood (and insulated, but needed that anyway) and then covered in small mesh weldmesh up to half way, where they can reach. So far no chewing!!! He did get onto the verandah once without the fencing in place for about 5 minutes and chewed up the wooden verandah struts!!!!!!!!
Mesh is the way to go!!!

Try fine mesh, I've also seen people use bits of plastic (L shaped if looking from the top) which fit over the corner bits in runs and sheds rabbits often go for first.

Oh myy thankfully mine arent that bad yet. they seem to like the taste of the chew stopper so i might as well give up with that haha! the shed is getting lined on sunday and the girls are getting spayed tomorrow so i think il have to move them all out while they heal anyway. shame to separate them though :( i hope they dont break the bond, before they went in the shed they were together all day in a run and girls in one hutch and toby opposite so hopefully theyl get on fine after the girls have some time to heal and they might stop chewinggg :D

Also, if mesh is too much of a faf, could you find some cheap puppy pen panels and use them?

Also, if mesh is too much of a faf, could you find some cheap puppy pen panels and use them?

Yes I've got shredded hands after doing the mesh covering! Nearly took my thumb off at one point. next time I'd try some panels for ease of use. :roll:

iv had a look at puppy pens but theyre quite expensive and i just dont have the money once iv paid the spay bill today :| but i will try the mesh as a part time thing and hopefully going to get some wood and do the lining sundayy :D

They might be better once they're spayed :) Also are they eating enough hay? Mine tend to be either sleeping or eating hay so they don't tend to have time to get up to so much mischief :p:lol:

Back