• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting to make progress with spoldge

mayhemzz22

Young Bun
Hey every one can i first just say thanks for all the advice, i thought i would give everyone a little update on spoldge.

he slept in our room last night and even from 1 night he was alot more used to us in the morning, diddnt even try an run when i got him out of his hutch( he normaly ran for dear life lol).

had him on my knee for 20 mins and he just lay there with his legs spread out, i let him play on the floor for a few hours then put him back so he can get a drink an some food.

i put some pellets in my hand and he walked out of his snuggle tunnel to eat out of my hand, i couldnt belive it!!! is he starting to trust me?

Hey every one can i first just say thanks for all the advice, i thought i would give everyone a little update on spoldge.

he slept in our room last night and even from 1 night he was alot more used to us in the morning, diddnt even try an run when i got him out of his hutch( he normaly ran for dear life lol).

had him on my knee for 20 mins and he just lay there with his legs spread out, i let him play on the floor for a few hours then put him back so he can get a drink an some food.

i put some pellets in my hand and he walked out of his snuggle tunnel to eat out of my hand, i couldnt belive it!!! is he starting to trust me?
yes!
:wave:

aw brilliant. is it better he bonds with 1 of us at a time as my gf has not really held him yet, im the only person he really spends time with:wave:

also i noticed he looks alot like charlie in your sig, colour and shape, his ears still stick up but they do drop low to the sides, is there a chance he could be a lop as the people at pets at home diddnt really know

aw brilliant. is it better he bonds with 1 of us at a time as my gf has not really held him yet, im the only person he really spends time with:wave:

Its going to take time :)
So I think it'll be better for him to bond with one person first.

also i noticed he looks alot like charlie in your sig, colour and shape, his ears still stick up but they do drop low to the sides, is there a chance he could be a lop as the people at pets at home diddnt really know

Can you post a picture ? I'll be able to tell whether hes a lop or not :)

i just need to work out how to upload them to my pc, how much space should i give him, i dont want be to bugging him all the time but he is so lovely to be around

i was reading more into how to understand my rabbit more.
i read that u should rub the ground about 6" away from ur rabbit to offer to groom him. i did this and he sniffed my hand so i started to rub the side of his cheek and he seemed to but pushing into my hand, i took it to mean he was enjoying the rub so i started to rub his head, he then put one of his front feet under him and the other out forwards towards me, is this a good sign? he is now hand feeding perfectly.

its lovely, i have only had him since sunday and he was soooooooo shy i was worried that i had a nightmare bunny but he seems to becoming snuggly very fast i thought it would take months to get to this stage

its lovely, i have only had him since sunday and he was soooooooo shy i was worried that i had a nightmare bunny but he seems to becoming snuggly very fast i thought it would take months to get to this stage

That's the nice thing about baby buns, :love: *thinks witsfully about before Bobby became a madame* :love:

oh do they get more grumpy as they get older? im really putting alot of effort in to learn how to talk rabbit, so im hoping i can teach my gf, but shes at work all the time bless her

he has started to run up an sit on me now an sniff my face which is rly cute, also i think he started grooming me. he put both of his arms on my arm an started gently nibbling my arm hair lol :lol:

Back