• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

male rabbits

scoobylou

Young Bun
I have my newly neutered male rabbits in the bath, they were previously bonded but fought so we had to split them up. Its been going well so far they have been grooming each other and one of the males has been trying to hump the other. So I let them into the bathroom but then they both tried to hump each other so I have put them back in the bath. They havent fought again but are both trying to hump each other and the other one is running away. Whats the best thing for my to do leave them for a while to sort it out. I dont know the signs of when to try them in the bathroom again and then we have a double cage for them which they used to use so I dont know when to put them back together.
Can anyone help me so that I know what to do with them such as when to let them out of the bath into more space and then into there cage again together. Im really proud of them they have had a few vicious fights so I cant believe they have been grooming each other :)

I have my newly neutered male rabbits in the bath, they were previously bonded but fought so we had to split them up. Its been going well so far they have been grooming each other and one of the males has been trying to hump the other. So I let them into the bathroom but then they both tried to hump each other so I have put them back in the bath. They havent fought again but are both trying to hump each other and the other one is running away. Whats the best thing for my to do leave them for a while to sort it out. I dont know the signs of when to try them in the bathroom again and then we have a double cage for them which they used to use so I dont know when to put them back together.
Can anyone help me so that I know what to do with them such as when to let them out of the bath into more space and then into there cage again together. Im really proud of them they have had a few vicious fights so I cant believe they have been grooming each other :)

Ive had the same problem .One of mine acts very friendly then when you let them get closer he tries hump the other. It scares me coz I dont want them hurt each other.Id love for them to be together so Ill be intrested in what replys you get. good luck

I would have thought that you would have been better to leave it for a while to let their hormones calm down after the neuter?

Its been about 5 weeks since they have been neutered, they both seemed alot better than before there neutering.

I've had to put them back in their cages because they had a fight in the bath, I think its gonna be a little hard to get these to back together. They love each other and clearly miss each other when I put them in first they put there heads together for a while then groomed each other but then Lucy tried to hump Lou and he was fine with it then they led next to each other for a while. So I thought I would try them on the floor in the bathroom which is when it went wrong Lou started trying to hump Lucy now Lou has always been more dominant than Lucy but Lucy doesn't like it lol. So they had a big fight so I tried them back in the bath together and they just kept trying to hump each other and in the end had a big fight but luckily it was just fur clumps nothing more.

To properly understand whats going on with them I need to tell you about there history, they were bonded together as babies but when Lou started getting his hormones he started humping lucy (male aswell lol) a lot so we started separating them a little. They were still loving to each other but Lucy got fed up of the humping, this was about christmas time so when it came to christmas we were going home for a couple of days so we thought it would be best to split them up so that Lucy wasn't being humped all the time cus he was starting to look really tired from it. When we got back we put them together & Lou attacked Lucy and really hurt him. Ever since Lucy has been really dominant around Lou and has bit his ear through the cage before.

So it seems that Lucy isn't as dominant than Lou but cus of him humping him in the past and there fight he doesn't want to let Lou be more dominant and Lou won't allow that. So I don't know what to do :s
It's weird when I first put them in the bath Lucy was acting dominant so Lou had his head down and Lucy groomed him then slowly Lucy started becoming submissive to Lou with his head and wanting to be groomed but when it came to Lou asserting his dominance Lucy freaked.

Back