• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I make bunny poo in his carrier??

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
I took bun to the vet yesterday, and he spent the majority of the day in his carrier as I had to drop him off early morning and pick him up after work. When I got him home, he jumped straight into his toilet. I went to have my dinner. I came back 15 minutes later, and he'd done about a million poos! :shock: I'm sure he was "holding it in" so as not to go in his carrier! I told him, "you can go to toilet in there, I won't mind!". But he obviously is so well trained that he doesn't want to! I can't really fit a litter tray in his carrier without it taking up lying-down space...

Any ideas??

Well it's definitely worth a try! He's going back on Monday so I will put a few in with him... hope he doesn't mind them rolling around him in the car :lol: The first time he went, he did a wee and came out with yellow feet at the end of the day. I think it's put him off going to toilet in there again!

Awwww. I always put some litter under Buckley's hay in his carrier so that something absorbs the wees because one time he did a wee in there and the same thing happened to his tootsies too :roll: he kept flicking them at me after he came out of his carrier as if to say "look what you diiiid :censored:"

:lol:that is exactly what he did to me! Jumped out and flicked his feet at me! Then jumped on the sofa with his soggy paws :roll: I'm glad Mum and Dad weren't home to see that bit! I put newspaper in the bottom now with hay on top after that incident! The first time, I also put a cardboard tube in for him to chew on. So that came out nice and soggy :lol:

Have fun! :lol: Oidhche here is a complete pain in the bum and does the same thing. We have tried lots, putting poo in the container, a urine soaked tissue in, towels that smell of her in, leaving it half open for her to use in the house, as a litter box, with substrate...and so on. She refuses full stop, and it worries me when we have to be a while at the vets or go on the train.

We put a puppy pad on the bottom to soak up any urine, with a towel on top to make it snuggly. Then hay and nibbles obviously, couldn't leave them out ;)

Have fun! :lol: Oidhche here is a complete pain in the bum and does the same thing. We have tried lots, putting poo in the container, a urine soaked tissue in, towels that smell of her in, leaving it half open for her to use in the house, as a litter box, with substrate...and so on. She refuses full stop, and it worries me when we have to be a while at the vets or go on the train.

We put a puppy pad on the bottom to soak up any urine, with a towel on top to make it snuggly. Then hay and nibbles obviously, couldn't leave them out ;)

Hmmm I may never be able to get him to poo in his carrier then. He obviously doesn't want to be lying down in his poo, fair enough I suppose! At least he produces a HUGE pile when we get home so I know there is nothing wrong with him!

Back