• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All my foster babies gone...

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday I took my last 2 Kirby boys over to BARC along my beloved Pippa and Pixie who hopefully will be going to a lovely new home soon as they have been reserved. So I am now foster free and only have my own 10 bunnies.

It feels very odd not to have Pippa and Pixie here :( Beige is beside himself with grief and even their arch-rival Big had a tear in her eye.

Big: It was hay dust.

Only 10 bunnies - I have my hands full keeping on top of Spenser's naughtiness!:oops::lol:

Big, I am suspicious about the hay dust... ;)

Must be very sad, as well as happy, to say goodbye to them. I am dreading not having my foster bun, even though I so want her to have her forever home, I imagine I will be feeling much along the same lines as Beige!

Good luck to them all xx

That must actually feel really odd for you.

Do you have any plans to foster more?

Yes I will foster again in the future. I have a large 6ft hutch for emergencies. My health is rubbish at the moment and I am going on holiday soon so I thought I would take a bit of a break.

It's a good feeling to know you have helped a foster bun on his/her way, but quite difficult not to bond with some of them. Big and Beige's mummy was a foster bun but she died and I hand reared B & B and of course they stayed.

One of my other buns Maisie was just temporary until a rescue place became available for her - until she got her paws under the table and I then had to adopt a husbun (Bamber) for her. So it is difficult letting them go.

I hope your health improves soon xxx
I'm sure that your ten bunnies will make sure that you don't miss your foster babies. :p

Awww some ((hugs)) for you xx :)

I'd be a hopeless fosterer I know I would...... so I think you've done really well!

Hope your health improves for you soon and hope you enjoy your holiday!:wave:

Awe it must feel awful having to say goodbye to fosters, I'd just be heartbroken all the time and always wondering how they are getting on!

Really sorry to hear you're not feeling well at the moment, which probably doesn't help when you're missing the babies :( Hope you have a lovely holiday and come back fully recharged!

Dudley: Oh Beige :( just think though.. all the wisdom you have imparted to so many baby buns! stories of you will be told far and wide and you will go down in bunny folklore.

Back