• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh building a large playhouse, ideas?

iv persuaded oh to build bunnies a shed/playhouse thing for when (hopefully) they are bonded!!! any idea or requirements that i would need to give him, ill need to tell him soon coz once he has an idea thats it!

iv persuaded oh to build bunnies a shed/playhouse thing for when (hopefully) they are bonded!!! any idea or requirements that i would need to give him, ill need to tell him soon coz once he has an idea thats it!

Shelves are good! Bunny height ones :) Then they can have the underneath space and the above space. It depends on your playhouse setup how you want it, but there are many ideas. Even a piece of furniture in there is a super easy way to get another level. Many people have enclosed areas with a door too, similar to a hutch? I haven't done that with mine though.

I've created some shelves using ikea lack tables and a piece of plywood&lino over the top. I've put stoppers on the walls to stop them moving. Nice easy way to do it :)

Make sure you have opening windows or a screen door, for ventilation. A plastic air vent from homebase worked well for me to get some extra ventilation.

Are you insulating? That's a definite good idea :)

Lino floor with a sealant around the bottom (to stop any wetness leaking through)?

Shelves are good! Bunny height ones :) Then they can have the underneath space and the above space. It depends on your playhouse setup how you want it, but there are many ideas. Even a piece of furniture in there is a super easy way to get another level. Many people have enclosed areas with a door too, similar to a hutch? I haven't done that with mine though.

I've created some shelves using ikea lack tables and a piece of plywood&lino over the top. I've put stoppers on the walls to stop them moving. Nice easy way to do it :)

Make sure you have opening windows or a screen door, for ventilation. A plastic air vent from homebase worked well for me to get some extra ventilation.

Are you insulating? That's a definite good idea :)

Lino floor with a sealant around the bottom (to stop any wetness leaking through)?

The idea of the lack tables is a great idea which I am going to steal for my playhouse! What a great way to do a second level without any fuss! Thanks :D

The idea of the lack tables is a great idea which I am going to steal for my playhouse! What a great way to do a second level without any fuss! Thanks :D

Just make sure you cover it with something! Carpet tiles or lino are good.

My buns made the discovery that they're very slippy when they jumped on my brothers lack stuff and skidded straight off the other end into the sofa.

Squooshed face :shock:

Back