• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Crate & Pen

abi2047

Mama Doe
Sorry for all the threads. :oops:
Can someone reccomend me a dog crate and pen suitable for 3 rabbits please. :wave:

In all honesty, i dont think you could get a dog crate and pen that meets any requirements by the RWA for 3 rabbits.

You'd need a room or free-range.

The amount of space they'd need you may as well give them a room. Any dog crate/ pen big enough would take up most of a room anyway xo

In all honesty, i dont think you could get a dog crate and pen that meets any requirements by the RWA for 3 rabbits.

You'd need a room or free-range.

Would it be possible to section half of my bedroom off for them and just have 2 crates or cages opened 24/7 for their 'base'?

Your bedroom must be huge. Thats 143 sq ft :shock: for just half your room.

That is plenty of space for 2 buns, if thats how big it is.

I just measured it and that's what it came out as. :oops:
It is the biggest room upstairs because I used to share it with my sister. :D

Could they just have free range of your room? then you could just put like, a cat bed in there. They don't need a cage :) x

I think the best idea would be to have them free-range all day, then when you're asleep confine them to their area. The more time they are confined to the area the bigger it will have to be, so the more time free-range the smaller you can make it.

Could you give them free-range 24/7? I find if I do have my rabbits out at night the only time they wake me is when they jump on me (and Im a light sleeper) and they only do that at around dawn time, and now there are two of them they do it a lot less (less bored), but they start getting active at about 5am.

When I move and will only have a small-ish bedroom (maybe 10x6ft?) I'll have to have them free-range 24/7 with a small base because its the only way I'll get any of my bedroom to myself for furniture etc!

Sorry for the ramble, hope it makes sense :oops:

Could they just have free range of your room? then you could just put like, a cat bed in there. They don't need a cage :) x

I probably could but I have a cream carpet so they'll have to be litter trained, which will be fairly difficult. Riley is already litter trained so I don't need to worry about him. :lol:

I probably could but I have a cream carpet so they'll have to be litter trained, which will be fairly difficult. Riley is already litter trained so I don't need to worry about him. :lol:

He wont necessarily be litter trained fully when you bring him in Abi, so you know. He may well become territory based and mark everywhere.

He wont necessarily be litter trained fully when you bring him in Abi, so you know. He may well become territory based and mark everywhere.

Hmmm, when he had to stay in over the bonfire night period he used his litter tray. I don't know if they can free range then. :?

Hmmm, when he had to stay in over the bonfire night period he used his litter tray. I don't know if they can free range then. :?

1 night might not enough for him, he might of been confused. I know, if i was in your position, i'd lay down lino over the area you wanted them in. Protects the carpet and makes it easy to clean. Thats waht i did in my living room.

1 night might not enough for him, he might of been confused. I know, if i was in your position, i'd lay down lino over the area you wanted them in. Protects the carpet and makes it easy to clean. Thats waht i did in my living room.

That would mean putting lino over the whole carpet. :? Riley was indoors for about 4 days, if I can remember correctly. :wave:

That would mean putting lino over the whole carpet. :? Riley was indoors for about 4 days, if I can remember correctly. :wave:

But he didnt smell other rabbits at the time :wave: That will cause him to become terrritorial i strongly expect.

And yes, putting lino down over the carpet. Its really easy to do and relatively cheap.

My bunny is litter trained (always wees in litter tray, sometimes poos elsewhere!), but when I had him in my bedroom one evening with his litter tray in there, he did a wee on my bed! He's not used to be shut in my bedroom so he didn't think to go and use his tray. So it may take some re-training!

Buns will often pee on beds, I've never experienced my 2 girls peeing on carpet/walls but I've heard a lot of things about boybuns doing it.

If I were you I'd get some lino, lay it down in the area you want the bunnies to be, and construct a permanent run type area with metal run panels. Do all the way around the walls to, to protect the skirting board and allow you to slide something down there to protect the walls from any stray boy pee! Just have the lino in the bunny area, and then you don't have to have it in the entire room. You can cover the lino up with blankets etc if it bothers you, but it protects the carpet which is expensive to replace.

I would suggest getting them bonded before you bring them all indoors. Then you can do the litter training by slowly expanding their area when they can be trusted to use the trays?

Back