PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Matting

abi2047
17-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the rubber matting that people use for their indoor rabbits? Also, is it water proof?

Sky-O
17-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I use foam matting inside pillow cases, but you could do it inside a duvet, and no, its not water proof.

A better bet might be some lino you roll out and roll away, or rugs that can go in the washing machine.

steph182
17-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have a bunny with hock problems tbh.
You either have to cover it with a sheet or something (which encouraged Charlie to pee everywhere) or you risk the bunny chewing it up.

I used it when Charlie randomly got sore hocks but don't use it now... It's a godsend for helping the hocks but otherwise it's more trouble than its worth really.

Coineanach
17-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Rubber matting is a bad idea for some buns, my last two house rabbits chewed it. As Sky said, lino is a good idea and rugs are fine unless any of your buns are likely to have problems with sore hocks.

Angie65
17-05-2011, 04:36 PM
If you get it really tight into the corners & a heavy duty kind there's no chewing.

Mine chew everything but can't lift these - they were 34 each - really thick for a 6 x 4 mat from a horse equip & feed suppliers

Mine were too thick to cut with a knife - dad spent ages doing it:D