• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rubber Matting

abi2047

Mama Doe
Does anyone know where I can get the rubber matting that people use for their indoor rabbits? Also, is it water proof?

I use foam matting inside pillow cases, but you could do it inside a duvet, and no, its not water proof.

A better bet might be some lino you roll out and roll away, or rugs that can go in the washing machine.

I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have a bunny with hock problems tbh.
You either have to cover it with a sheet or something (which encouraged Charlie to pee everywhere) or you risk the bunny chewing it up.

I used it when Charlie randomly got sore hocks but don't use it now... It's a godsend for helping the hocks but otherwise it's more trouble than its worth really.

Rubber matting is a bad idea for some buns, my last two house rabbits chewed it. As Sky said, lino is a good idea and rugs are fine unless any of your buns are likely to have problems with sore hocks.

If you get it really tight into the corners & a heavy duty kind there's no chewing.

Mine chew everything but can't lift these - they were £34 each - really thick for a 6 x 4 mat from a horse equip & feed suppliers

Mine were too thick to cut with a knife - dad spent ages doing it:D

Back