• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyones indoor rabbit that doesnt have a cage

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Kitten came in a hutch which i leave open all the time now and she only uses as a loo but i would like to get rid of it when i (hopefully) get her a boyf, im not sure what to swop it for? What kind of beds do u have for them or do u find that they just find little cuddly places themselves?

Ideas welcomed x

Louie doesn't have a cage he just has a littertray.

He has a cushion but never uses it, he just flops out wherever he feels like :love:

Mine have a Ferplast cage. They are only ever shut in when I am vacuuming (Henry hoover is there friend, don't you know:lol::roll:)

I like to have a cage base under the litter tray anyway, as sometimes they miss the litter tray:)

I take the door off, so they can't get their feet caught in it.

Mine have litter trays and they sleep where ever they want, and that normally means in front of a doorway :roll:

Mine have a Ferplast cage. They are only ever shut in when I am vacuuming (Henry hoover is there friend, don't you know)

My buns also had a love affair with Henry when they were indoors during winter. :lol:

Mine have a Ferplast cage. They are only ever shut in when I am vacuuming (Henry hoover is there friend, don't you know:lol::roll:)

I like to have a cage base under the litter tray anyway, as sometimes they miss the litter tray:)

I take the door off, so they can't get their feet caught in it.

I have to have a puppy pad under Louie's as he sometimes misses too!

Buckley has a cage but he never uses it anymore. Occasionally he'll flop out on the shelf, but other than that it's just for toilet (corner tray) and sippies. He doesn't care much for his hay rack now that he has his box either. I couldn't get rid of it though, as annoying as it is to transport in the car. He knows it's his safe place and I couldn't take that away from him: it's the first thing he looks for if we take him somewhere like my mom's, or oh's mom's. He'll only come out of the carrier once his cage is set up, even though he doesn't use it!

I've had dog crates in the past but now mine don't have anything like that. They have their litter trays and my lops have a blanket under a chair and my lionheads have an old table with a fleece over the top.

Bungle lives in the cupboard in my kitchen. Its meant to be a utility with the washer and dryer in but we always keep the door open. He has a piece of carpet down as he doesnt like the lino and just has a litter tray in there. He doesnt like beds and sleeps on the carpet.

Here is a piccie of his area;
23cd1126.jpg

23cd1126.jpg

He has the whole kitchen but he rarely moves from his carpet as he doesnt like the flooring. He comes in the living room whenever were home which is carpetted.

Thank u for all the reply everyone thant makes me feel better, i am trying to build kittens confidience she was in a ickle hutch at the end of a garden before she came here, so she is quite nervy of everything but is doing really well so far getting better every day, i have my eye on a boyfriend for her so hopefully start of a new happy life for her!

At the moment she like to sleep on the tiles in the conservatory behind the units so maybe il just put some vet beds about the place, although given half a chance her absoulute fav place is the greenhouse!

Thank you again for replying xxx

p.s bungle looks a very cuddly boy! loving his do!

Julie has a small cage that she uses for a hay station and to hang a water bottle. I tried several times to get rid of the cage but she became really mad about it. She is never shut in the cage but does loves to sleep in there with the hay. She has a platter in another part of the kitchen with hay and she sleeps next to it as well. She also sleeps in a litter tray that she dumped the litter out of of, on her rug, in her tunnel or under the table mostly but you can find her flopped just about anywhere. She never sleeps in her actual litterbox.

Mine have a cage and create for their food and litter trays but when they are out they sleep in a cat bed, they both love it.

333k8ds.jpg

We've tried all things; cages, dog baskets, soft igloos, metal beds etc etc but recently I bought a Trixie Trun Enclosure and fitted it with vet bed (www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/productlist.asp?SearchString=enclosures) and they absolutely love it. They huddle together in there when tired, jump on top and use it like a trampoline and run in there if they are being persued by me and a comb!!!! They are free to flop wherever they wish but they prefer their tent.:wave::wave:

We've tried all things; cages, dog baskets, soft igloos, metal beds etc etc but recently I bought a Trixie Trun Enclosure and fitted it with vet bed (www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/productlist.asp?SearchString=enclosures) and they absolutely love it. They huddle together in there when tired, jump on top and use it like a trampoline and run in there if they are being persued by me and a comb!!!! They are free to flop wherever they wish but they prefer their tent.:wave::wave:

That does look like it would make a cool rabbit trampoline. ha ha I like it a lot. Would really contain the hay also.

Cassie and Oakley dont have a cage as they have free range in the dining room. They used to have 'room with a view' for one of their litter trays:

http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/ROOM

Cassie kept removing the hay from it and spreading it over the floor so now they have this for their litter tray and a high sided litter tray next to it as they like to have 2 litter trays:

http://www.justdogcages.co.uk/car-cages/ferplast-atlas-100-dog-car-carrier

They are never locked in it as it is much too small for this. The fosters who live in the shed used to have this but now have Cassie and Oakley's 'room with a view':

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/33223

Snowberry - I am extremely impressed with the lack of mess in Bungle's home - I wish Cassie could be as well trained as him :lol:

He had just been cleaned out! usually there is hay and poos everywhere!

Cassie and Oakley dont have a cage as they have free range in the dining room. They used to have 'room with a view' for one of their litter trays:

http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/ROOM

Cassie kept removing the hay from it and spreading it over the floor so now they have this for their litter tray and a high sided litter tray next to it as they like to have 2 litter trays:

http://www.justdogcages.co.uk/car-cages/ferplast-atlas-100-dog-car-carrier

They are never locked in it has it is much too small for this. The fosters who live in the shed used to have this but now have Cassie and Oakley's 'room with a view':

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/33223

Snowberry - I am extremely impressed with the lack of mess in Bungle's home - I wish Cassie could be as well trained as him :lol:

When Will didn't have her cage we took the toys out of her dogbasket & filled it with straw & hay.She never slept in it but was there if she wanted a dig.She slept on the floor or on her dog cushion.Barley & Dill do have a cage for overnight & when I hoover but in the day they sleep wherever,from the hard floor to the rug to the chewed up cardboard box-they dont seem to mind.:lol:

Back