• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Good?

I probably wouldn't put 3 in it as it's only slightly larger than a 6x2 hutch. Lovely playhouse though!

I'm not sure what the official recommendations are for 3 but I would say no less than 18 sq ft for the indoor area. Have you thought about converting one of those bike stores? I think they're about 6x3 and would make a really nice hutch, you could even put in a second level to give them extra space :wave:

I probably wouldn't put 3 in it as it's only slightly larger than a 6x2 hutch. Lovely playhouse though!

I'm not sure what the official recommendations are for 3 but I would say no less than 18 sq ft for the indoor area. Have you thought about converting one of those bike stores? I think they're about 6x3 and would make a really nice hutch, you could even put in a second level to give them extra space :wave:

It's not definate that they are going outdoors because they may be staying indoors with Riley. I was thinking something like a shed or playhouse so in the winter I could sit in there with them.

It wouldn't work on it's own as accommodation for two or three Abi.

Any housing needs to be seen as a whole picture so the total amount of full time all weather space. That wendy house is only 4x3 so imagine the floor space of that as a hutch - just too small. You need to consider how much of a run will be attached and if it's all weather too. If it was, then you might get away with a trio using that as their sleeping area. If cost is an issue, you would be better buying a shed of 6x4 and adding a run to that. If you don't want a 'shed' you could cut down the sides and make it lower and put in some 'windows' for not much money. That would be cheaper than buying a wendy house that would offer the right amount of space for a trio.

It wouldn't work on it's own as accommodation for two or three Abi.

Any housing needs to be seen as a whole picture so the total amount of full time all weather space. That wendy house is only 4x3 so imagine the floor space of that as a hutch - just too small. You need to consider how much of a run will be attached and if it's all weather too. If it was, then you might get away with a trio using that as their sleeping area. If cost is an issue, you would be better buying a shed of 6x4 and adding a run to that. If you don't want a 'shed' you could cut down the sides and make it lower and put in some 'windows' for not much money. That would be cheaper than buying a wendy house that would offer the right amount of space for a trio.

I think I will go for a shed and then cut some windows out and replace with mesh. I dont know if the indoor option would work out cheaper. :?

Back