• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my buns.

Rabkat

Warren Scout
So I'm trying to get the hang of the forum but was asked earlier if I could post some pics, Here's my three. Slick, he's a Netherland dwarf (I think) 11 years old, had him since he was new born. Brian, handsome little lad, Lionhead X, around about 1 year old, loves everyone as long as you don't hold him and Tina, Lionhead and about 2 years old. Both Tina and Brian are rescues, so much character and so much worry. :lol:
20110517_4.jpg

20110517_1.jpg

20110517_5.jpg

I should mention, that Tina is living in my greenhouse atm, which I've had to put in a mesh door so she gets plenty of fresh air, her favourite seat as you can see is an old BBQ. :lol:

Haha a nice picture of her backside! :lol:

Lovely rabbits! :D The greenhouse with mesh seems like a really good idea, the set up looks great!

Gorgeous bunnies!! :love::love::love: Hope Slick is doing ok now.

Your set-ups look lovely and spacious and fun for them.

Does it get really hot in the greenhouse? I know we've not had much sun the last week (or not round these parts anyway) but I find it hard keeping my indoor buns cool when the sun shines in through their window. :wave:

Gorgeous bunnies!! :love::love::love: Hope Slick is doing ok now.

Your set-ups look lovely and spacious and fun for them.

Does it get really hot in the greenhouse? I know we've not had much sun the last week (or not round these parts anyway) but I find it hard keeping my indoor buns cool when the sun shines in through their window. :wave:

She said in the second post that the greenhouse has a mesh entrance to let the air in and out :D

:lol:mad: mattyp.
Thanks Helgalush & funnybunnyabc, Slick seems fine, he's a quiet soul anyway, so atm he's sitting in his favourite corner. :)
The greenhouse can get hot, but on the ground it's much cooler, I keep all 3 windows open so there is a steady airflow. Biggest problem I have now, is that I no longer have the full use of the greenhouse for my plants, they're all outside not doing very well as it's still chilly. :roll: :D

She does look comical when she's sitting snug on top of it but if anyone else says to me BBQ rabbit I'll scream :lol:

She does look comical when she's sitting snug on top of it but if anyone else says to me BBQ rabbit I'll scream :lol:

Oh I know how that is, Buckley has a thing for sitting inside paper bags. My dad saw him one time and said "oh, they do boil in the bag bunnies now? very convenient"
Thinks he's so funny.

Oh I know how that is, Buckley has a thing for sitting inside paper bags. My dad saw him one time and said "oh, they do boil in the bag bunnies now? very convenient"
Thinks he's so funny.

And if you're anything like me, you'll laugh :roll:each time it's said then cringe.

:lol:mad: mattyp.
Thanks Helgalush & funnybunnyabc, Slick seems fine, he's a quiet soul anyway, so atm he's sitting in his favourite corner. :)
The greenhouse can get hot, but on the ground it's much cooler, I keep all 3 windows open so there is a steady airflow. Biggest problem I have now, is that I no longer have the full use of the greenhouse for my plants, they're all outside not doing very well as it's still chilly. :roll: :D

Thats cool its got windows as well. :) Its a lovely big greenhouse isnt it? Would love one of them in my garden :) Yeah I know whwat you mean about the plants, its been quite cold the last few days, especially in the evening.

The greenhouse was my pride and joy, my partner built it for me a few years ago, never for a moment did I think I would be using it for a rabbit. :lol: last month was quite warm here (Aberdeen) but May has been chilly, at least I know that Brian & Tina will be acclimatised come winter. Not knowing their backgrounds it did worry me that they may find being outside a bit stressful, doen't appear that way though.

As for the plants, B&Q sell goods one, we can always cheat and say we grew them ourselves. ;)

The greenhouse was my pride and joy, my partner built it for me a few years ago, never for a moment did I think I would be using it for a rabbit. :lol: last month was quite warm here (Aberdeen) but May has been chilly, at least I know that Brian & Tina will be acclimatised come winter. Not knowing their backgrounds it did worry me that they may find being outside a bit stressful, doen't appear that way though.

As for the plants, B&Q sell goods one, we can always cheat and say we grew them ourselves. ;)

Reminds me of the shed we got as an engagement present from the in-laws...I think it stored tools for all of 2 months before it was converted for the buns! :oops::lol: Dont think they were too chuffed! :lol:

Reminds me of the shed we got as an engagement present from the in-laws...I think it stored tools for all of 2 months before it was converted for the buns! :oops::lol: Dont think they were too chuffed! :lol:

hahahaha much more appropriate for rabbits ;)

Back