• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP PLEASE! EEekk!!!

Advice please-- I have just come back from a week away and my mum has been looking after the rabbits, when I've returned, Artie seems to look all scruffy and has what looks like, shorter, thicker hair growing in patches through his soft fluffy fur, everyday it seems to be more, but henry doesn't have even a tiny bit of this and looks exactly as he did before, even though they're twins?? There 5 months old at the moment, he seems completely normal with himself and they seem the same with each other!!?? What could this be, I'm worried!!? Annmarie xxx

Sounds like normal moulting to me.

I would get a comb and brush through your bun to try to gently remove any loose fur.

mine are going through a horrendous moult!!

this was alberts last year!
59902_1642214813880_1192116864_1786299_1974942_n.jpg

It does sound like moulting. See if you can give them a good brush through to tidy them up. Check the skin under the fur, if it's dry and flakey then that could suggest mites but if all fine it really is probably just a moult.
Some of mine look like right shockers!

The skin seems perfectly fine apart from a couple of tiny scratches or pink bits, I'm just worried that henry may of done it to him when I was away?? I will try and upload a pic!!
Annmarie xx

The skin seems perfectly fine apart from a couple of tiny scratches or pink bits, I'm just worried that henry may of done it to him when I was away?? I will try and upload a pic!!
Annmarie xx

I have just watched henry pulling at his fur! Why is he doing this? I don't really want to seperate them because they do really love each other!! I'm in a real dilemma and really worried now! Annmarie xx

Back