• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny 'language' - what does this mean?

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

I'm rubbish at deciphering bunny language and wondered if anyone could tell me what it means when the buns come up to me and nudge me with their noses? Its not when I'm in their way, its usually when I'm just stood in the aviary cleaning them out or topping up their hay etc.

They circle my feet then give me a gentle nudge then they're off again.

Its definitely a lot more gentle than the one they give me when they decide I'm sat in their way!

Are they wanting me to buzz off or is it a nice nudge??

Oh and what is it with them wanting to get behind me all the time?? Wherever I sit in the aviary (they did it indoors too), they have to try and squeeze between me and the wall behind me that I'm leaning against. Once they've established they can get behind me (I have to sit at a stupid angle so they can get behind) they take it in turns to 'go through'! :? :lol:

:wave:

I'm rubbish at deciphering bunny language and wondered if anyone could tell me what it means when the buns come up to me and nudge me with their noses? Its not when I'm in their way, its usually when I'm just stood in the aviary cleaning them out or topping up their hay etc.

They circle my feet then give me a gentle nudge then they're off again.

'Hello Mum....can I hvae a nose rub please?'
Its definitely a lot more gentle than the one they give me when they decide I'm sat in their way!

Are they wanting me to buzz off or is it a nice nudge??

Oh and what is it with them wanting to get behind me all the time?? Wherever I sit in the aviary (they did it indoors too), they have to try and squeeze between me and the wall behind me that I'm leaning against. Once they've established they can get behind me (I have to sit at a stupid angle so they can get behind) they take it in turns to 'go through'! :? :lol:

'Look! A tunnel to play in....how exciting!'

:wave::wave:

Attention seeking, in my opinion.

Both B&G do it when im ignoring them, or if im busy doing something and they decide they need to come first :roll:

Its like them saying "Helloooo, I am still here, give me nose rubs please.... NOW"

My foster bunny is a constant nudger, I stop paying her attention for 30 seconds and I get a really hard nudge :shock:

Ours just run up to us when we're sitting in the living room and nudge our feet or leg, I think it's just affection. They too always want to squish behind us if we're sitting by their tent and if they can't get by easily they give us a nip, once we move they're ok about it, perhaps territorial, after all we live in their hutch haha xx :lol::lol:

definatle attention seeking. i think it means hello too, mine do this, mayeb its a cross between, what are you doing and thank you?!

Maisie does this constantly, but if you try and give her attention she runs off!! :roll: Mental rabbit :lol:

Back