• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel bad:( like im letting Gracie down!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
I no I HAD to seperate Gracie from Matilda(mum) at only 4 weeks old,because Matilda got servere spring fever mixed with hormone! and took some of her ear off etc

but after someone on here saying they shouldn't be seperated till 8 weeks because they learn how to be a 'rabbit' like their behaviours and characteristics(sp) and Gracie is not getting/learning what she needs to or is suppost to!

she still has contact with Matilda though the bars, and just sits there most the day! and goes to be cleaned etc! It's heartbreaking to watch:cry:, all Gracie wants to do it be with Matilda, but I no I CANNOT risk it for Gracies safety! Untill Matilda is hormone free.

Will Gracie miss out on vital things a young rabbit should no, is their any like games or things I can do to stimulate the things she should be learning

x

I dont know. I have no experience of mums and babies. I would think that her safety has to come paramount. The fact she is still near to her mum I hope will help her learn from observing her mum. Hope someone can give you some advice.

I dont know. I have no experience of mums and babies. I would think that her safety has to come paramount. The fact she is still near to her mum I hope will help her learn from observing her mum. Hope someone can give you some advice.

hmm it is a difficault one, i think putting Gracie back with Matilda is a 100% no go, until they are both spayed, i would never forgive myself if something happen to gracie!

It's different, your situation and the other you mention. They still have contact of sorts, and Gracie is still in the same place she was born. No upheaval. She has decent accommodation and isn't stressed. She can still smell her mother! :)

The other situation is completely different. 6 week old bunnies, taken away from their mother, home and siblings.

It's different, your situation and the other you mention. They still have contact of sorts, and Gracie is still in the same place she was born. No upheaval. She has decent accommodation and isn't stressed. She can still smell her mother! :)

The other situation is completely different. 6 week old bunnies, taken away from their mother, home and siblings.

mm yhh, Gracie is fine in herself, she is into everything and constantly on the go, from the miniute she gets up till the minuite she goes to bed, i just hope shes not missing out on learning vital things

and its just horrible to watch her sat by the pen bars just longing to be with matilda, come sept, and gracie can be spayed and they can be together again! just really hope they keep their' bond'

From your pictures and stories Gracie seems a very happy and healthy bunny. Was a shame her mum bite her ear. I know nothing about baby bunnies, but you are doing a great job.

Back