• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my Hay for Pets days are over...

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I found a horse feed supplier today who sell hay by the long square bale. £5 a bale!!!!! It looks lovely as well, it is a mix of Timothy and meadow hay and has been grown locally. I think the half hour drive to get there's well worth it for the price.

Now I just need the buns to like it although if they don't they are going to get very skinny.:lol::lol::lol:

Oh that's great! Lucky buns!! :D I'm desperatley trying to find somewhere that supplies bales of hay, I'm going through £2.50 bags a week so £10 a month just on hay. :(

We did have somewhere to get bales form but they stopped selling them. :roll: :lol:

Well done on your find! :D

well my buns are loving it :love:, Thanks again :D xx

Great news, I am so glad that it has gone down well. I am trying to finish off my other stuff first before I try the new hay. It is hard though... Your buns are all gorgeous and it is fab to have met them. They are all so friendly and were amazing the way they dashed over to say hello!

Last edited:
Hope the buns oblige by liking your bargain. Spenser isn't taking his hay very well just now, he's a fussy boy. :roll:

Oh that's great! Lucky buns!! :D I'm desperatley trying to find somewhere that supplies bales of hay, I'm going through £2.50 bags a week so £10 a month just on hay. :(

We did have somewhere to get bales form but they stopped selling them. :roll: :lol:

Well done on your find! :D

£10 a month on hay for 4 rabbits is pretty good! My two probably get through around that, they ate around 2.5kg of hay in two weeks of the Ings hay which worked out at £6 :lol::lol:

That baled hay sounds great! Hope the buns like it :wave:

Hope it works out for you Ali :wave:

H4P will constantly be here, you'd never believe living in the country, we can't find a hay bale supplier :roll:

lucky you!
I really need to find a bale supplier, I'm going through a £15 bag from h4p every 3 weeks!

I found a horse feed supplier today who sell hay by the long square bale. £5 a bale!!!!! It looks lovely as well, it is a mix of Timothy and meadow hay and has been grown locally. I think the half hour drive to get there's well worth it for the price.

Now I just need the buns to like it although if they don't they are going to get very skinny.:lol::lol::lol:

Im the opposite, Im going to hay for pets as there is no where locally that is selling by the bale at teh minute. its just so scares

That's a decent price. I'm paying £6.75 at the moment but am expecting that to rise with the tiny amount of rain we've had since March :shock:

Urm what is Hay for Pets?
sorry for asking...

Hay for Pets is a company you can mail order hay from. Their hay is fantastic and the buns love it. Trouble is it costs around £15 for 10kg. If you compare it to bagged hay of worse quality it is really good. However, compared to full bales for £5 it is expensive!

You'd be able to get bales from the same place, Central Saddlers and Feeds in Avonbridge, near Falkirk.

That's a decent price. I'm paying £6.75 at the moment but am expecting that to rise with the tiny amount of rain we've had since March :shock:

Wow, I wish we could say that here, it has rained almost constantly the last few weeks. I just hope it won't be as bad a year for hay again this year or it will be an expensive winter!

I thought Hay4Pets were really expensive :shock: :?
I get mine from a local farm for about £1.70 per bag (bag is about 1.5Kgs) and it's brilliant meadow hay and it's local.

I get mine from a local farm for about £1.70 per bag (bag is about 1.5Kgs) and it's brilliant meadow hay and it's local.

I compare it to a bag of meadow hay from the science selective people. It works out at around £2.50 for 2kg. 10kg would be around £12.50 so £15 for fresh hay seemed like a good deal!

Glad to be saving though since it is the biggest recurring expense, especially with seven sets of gnashers at the moment.:lol::lol:

I think their timothy hay is quite good value really, for bagged hay.
We were paying about the same as you for meadow hay from the garden centre but the h4p timothy hay is best for their teefers and it really gets them munching. The price includes delivery too, which is a plus.

Hay for Pets is a company you can mail order hay from. Their hay is fantastic and the buns love it. Trouble is it costs around £15 for 10kg. If you compare it to bagged hay of worse quality it is really good. However, compared to full bales for £5 it is expensive!

You'd be able to get bales from the same place, Central Saddlers and Feeds in Avonbridge, near Falkirk.

THANK YOU!!!! I can get bales for undewr £5 now! Hopefully Ben will appreciate it too!

Back