• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trixie Run assembly?!

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Got my new 8 panel octagonal trixie run home today. It's fairly obvious how to put it together BUT, anyone who has one... did you have to open up the hooks and then tighten them as you put it together? I just can't push the panels together as the hooks are too 'tight'. Anyone else had the same? I guess it'll be better when it's done but it seems bad that it's not easier to assemble:?

No... you should just be putting them together and then slotting the long pegs through them? Are you doing it right :? :lol:

Hmmm, maybe not...:oops: It looks to me like the hooks on one panel should loop through the loops on the next panel to make the octagon, but the 'hooks' don't have enough space to fit the 'loops' through, if that makes any sense?!:oops:

Hmmm kind of. I have the 6 panel one actually so it may be different. But with mine, you line up the "hooks" with the "holes", and the hook just slots through the hole, and then the peg goes through the hook part. If that makes sense! I don't have it up at the moment so can't take a photo to show you!

Yep, that's exactly it but the 'holes' don't fit into the loops:? It's not a massive problem, I'll tackle it with a pair of pliers tomorrow and it'll be sorted and it'll be really secure once it's done but I just don't feel i should need to attack it with pliers:lol:

I didn't bend open any hooks. I did chuck the smaller pegs though. I just use the long ones and then push them into the ground, no idea what the smaller ones are supposed to be for!!

I didn't bend open any hooks. I did chuck the smaller pegs though. I just use the long ones and then push them into the ground, no idea what the smaller ones are supposed to be for!!

I use the smaller ones to hold down the tarp which is over their hutches.:lol::lol:

I agree that it is normally a simple job of putting the small loop through the big loop and keeping it together with the long pegs.

I use the smaller ones to hold down the tarp which is over their hutches.:lol::lol:

I agree that it is normally a simple job of putting the small loop through the big loop and keeping it together with the long pegs.

I use clothes pegs!! :oops:

Back