• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toileting problems

MarieAnson

Warren Scout
Can anyone give me some advice?

Since bringing home Kaka yesterday he has been pooping and weeing everywhere other than his litter tray.
I fully understand why this is, yet I have tried the things that I think I should, like collecting his poops and putting them in his tray, mopping up his wee and adding the soiled kitchen roll to it aswell.

I have tried placing the tray in several locations where he has chosen to toilet, however he then chooses to go elsewhere. I have also tried placing it in the tiny cage that he came with, but so far, no joy.

I am concerned that DH will get annoyed if I can't resolve this and he will suggest he lives outside which is not what I want.

If anyone has any experience of this and could suggest anything I could do I would be very grateful.

Other than this issue Kaka has settled in better than I could have expected. I checked on him about half an hour ago and he was laid, back legs stretched out, behind the sofa, he is such a chilled and clever bunny.

It will be because he is marking the territory as his at the moment. After maybe a week or two (hopefully sooner!) it should settle down into one location where you can put the litter tray.

It may help if he is in a more restricted space to start with, and increase space once he is more litter trained.

Glad to hear he's settling well! Have you decided if you're changing his name? :wave:

Thanks Tiger Lily

I have tried putting him in his cage when I think he is due to toilet, but he chews that bars and gets quite upset about being confined, plus it is very small.
I do have a larger indoor cage so I may try using that instead and see if it helps.
Fingers crossed he will return to his usual habits soon.

The children like calling him Kaka at them moment, it also help given that he responds very well to it and always comes when called.
I do think we will change it but once he has settled in.

I understand it has another meaning and given the toileting situation it present it suits him perfectly :lol:

Back