• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it wrong

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
to get a wifebun for snowball even though i don't want another rabbit and i know i will never love her as much as i love snowball? :oops:

i know that sounds horrible, i really do. but no rabbit will ever come close to snowball, he is special.

i know how evil this sounds, but i don't want another rabbit. at all. i will get one because that's what's best for snowball. but it wouldn't be my choice to have another one. i'm happy with just him. plus, he is happy on his own, he loves his life the way it is.
i know it's not about me though and i have to do what's best for him.

she wouldn't go without, i'd look after her, love her, feed her and give her vet care etc. but i wouldn't love her the same. does that make sense?

is it wrong to bring another bunny in knowing i won't love her the same as snowball???
(i'd still love her, of course i would. just, snowball is very very special. i love him almost as much as i love lucas - and that's saying something!)

You may feel different once you get one :) I never thought I'd love any pet as much as I loved my cat. But bunny is definitely up there now!

I thought I wouldn't love Milly as much as I love Charlie... But once you see your pair of bunnies happy and in love, your heart melts :love:

You may feel different once you get one :) I never thought I'd love any pet as much as I loved my cat. But bunny is definitely up there now!

i don't think so to be honest.
i loved snowball the moment i set eyes on him in the shop (i know, pet shop bunny :oops:) i've never loved an animal as much as i love him.

i think it's more the fact that i don't want another rabbit that's getting me.
i will get one for snowball, but i really don't want another one.
(even as i say it i know how horrid it sounds :oops:)

Omg I felt exactly the same, we got Oberon (and tbh Pie is still my fave and will always be my baby) but I love Obie alot too. Pie was also very happy on her own - so much so that 3 months later she still won't bond with Obie :roll: :(

Do what you feel you would be most happy about. Yes rabbits are social creatures but I also see no reason not to have a single bun if they get enough attention and love.

I thought I wouldn't love Milly as much as I love Charlie... But once you see your pair of bunnies happy and in love, your heart melts :love:

do you think?
i hope so.

i want to see him happy and he's definitely getting a wifebun.

i think i just feel bad because i don't want another one. and even if (when) i do end up loving her, i will feel bad knowing i didn't want her to start with. if that makes any sense at all lol

do you think?
i hope so.

i want to see him happy and he's definitely getting a wifebun.

i think i just feel bad because i don't want another one. and even if (when) i do end up loving her, i will feel bad knowing i didn't want her to start with. if that makes any sense at all lol

I didn't want another. I had Mable and when I lost her I didn't want to risk it again... But, Charlie is SO much happier. He was already a happy rabbit but the amount of happy flops he does now is absolutly unreal since Milly came

I always say if it aint broke an all that!!!

If everyones happy why change it?

But if u get another bun you will love them both in the same way :love::love:

Says me who wants another pup!:oops::oops:

Omg I felt exactly the same, we got Oberon (and tbh Pie is still my fave and will always be my baby) but I love Obie alot too. Pie was also very happy on her own - so much so that 3 months later she still won't bond with Obie :roll: :(

Do what you feel you would be most happy about. Yes rabbits are social creatures but I also see no reason not to have a single bun if they get enough attention and love.

i'm glad it's not only me, i feel a lot better now lol :)

oh bless :( i hope that she will bond to obie soon!)

i'd like to get him a friend, my aim is to get a rescue bun that no-one else wants. i just want to get over the hurdle of not wanting one first. coz i feel that it's not very nice to bring home an animal you don't want :oops: i think it's because he adores me so much and he adores my son.

i know he won't like me as much when he has a wife. and that will make me sad :(

I didn't "want" the bunny I have now. It was a surprised put on my lap on Christmas day. I just burst into tears! I thought it was too soon (about 6 weeks) to have another pet. But I loved him instantly :love:

I kind of felt the same before I got Buttons..'This bun will never be as special as Sox' but I was well wrong and got attached big styleo, only had him for 6 days. He was VERY special. I'd have given a limb for him to stay with me for longer :cry::cry::cry:

Its like the same way I felt when I was told I was getting a little brother :oops::oops:. 'He'll never be as special as my sister'. Its an aaaaawful concept, god forgive me for ever even thinking like that :( I love him more than words can say obvs.

Its very good your doing what's best for Snowball. Once you see her and Snowball all loved up you will fall in love sharpish ;) :love:x

I didn't want another. I had Mable and when I lost her I didn't want to risk it again... But, Charlie is SO much happier. He was already a happy rabbit but the amount of happy flops he does now is absolutly unreal since Milly came
I really am glad it isn't just me :)

See this is what gets me. He does so many happy flops as it is, him and lucas are like best friends :love: he sneaks into lucas' room at night, flops beside his head and grooms him.
He seems really happy :)
I guess he will be happier with a friend.

I always say if it aint broke an all that!!!

If everyones happy why change it?

But if u get another bun you will love them both in the same way :love::love:

Says me who wants another pup!:oops::oops:

I get that, i love the saying if it isn't broken don't fix it lol
I just feel like I am a bad owner if I don't get him a friend :(

When you have a bun with a big personality it is always harder to see the better qualities of quieter buns. Floppy is the kind who would follow you around like a dog, loves a good flop in the middle of the living room floor and comes when you call him.

Millie has always been quiet but as I have gotten to know her she has her own wee quirks. She loves having her ear and head rubbed and will sit forever grinding her teeth while you do it. I would say that even if its not an instant attraction you will grow to have the same lve for another.

I fell in love with Starfish from her first photo after Jill rescued her. She was mucky and scared but I knew she belonged in our family. You never know, you might surprise yourself!

To be honest, I didn't want, or seek for, my last 7 rabbits. They came to me by chance, mostly. I have often gotten very distressed at the thought of yet another permanent bunny here. One in particular I was emotionally blackmailed into taking and spent many hours crying over a week or so because I so desperately didn't want another rabbit.

I also have Sky, who is my best friend, and prior to that, I had Flash, who was my soul mate.

But that doesn't change that each bunny is different and you get a different bond with each bunny, often very special ones. Your heart just expands to allow them in. It's like with friends, you have a different bond with each friend you have, but a friend is a friend and you do what you have to for them (not quite as easy with human friends, but you know what I mean).

I think its important, however, that you only take on a bunny if you want to, because it would not be good to take on a bunny you end up resenting, especially if you feel she takes Snowball 'away' from you.

I didn't "want" the bunny I have now. It was a surprised put on my lap on Christmas day. I just burst into tears! I thought it was too soon (about 6 weeks) to have another pet. But I loved him instantly :love:

aw bless you :( glad that you loved him :D you got him the day after I got snowball. I met him about 2 weeks before christmas. Reserved him a couple of days later so I could research and picked him up on christmas eve :)

I kind of felt the same before I got Buttons..'This bun will never be as special as Sox' but I was well wrong and got attached big styleo, only had him for 6 days. He was VERY special. I'd have given a limb for him to stay with me for longer :cry::cry::cry:

Its like the same way I felt when I was told I was getting a little brother :oops::oops:. 'He'll never be as special as my sister'. Its an aaaaawful concept, god forgive me for ever even thinking like that :( I love him more than words can say obvs.

Its very good your doing what's best for Snowball. Once you see her and Snowball all loved up you will fall in love sharpish ;) :love:x
aw :(:(:(
:lol: sorry, the thing about your brother made me laugh, think all kids feel like that :)

i'm trying lol. yeah, i'm sure you are all right and whoever i choose will be loved :) i think i will wait until i am ready and want a new bunny

I think you'll look back at this thread in shock one day :lol::lol:

I have lots of pets and I love them all the same. I kinda know what you mean though. Dill (my duck) is special and I thought I wouldn't want any ducks in the house other than Dill. I was very wrong :lol:

I didn't want Buuren. But tiesto needed a friend, so I had to get her one.

I am so glad I did. He is mental, funny, rude and daft as a spoon:lol: I love him lots now, same as Tiesto:love:

I remember when I was pregnant, I was laying in bed with my daughter reading to her. I looked at her and thought, how am I going to love another one half as much as I love you? I got quite upset about it. Needless to say, I love my son just as much as my daughter.:D

Love is a funny thing:?

When you have a bun with a big personality it is always harder to see the better qualities of quieter buns. Floppy is the kind who would follow you around like a dog, loves a good flop in the middle of the living room floor and comes when you call him.

Millie has always been quiet but as I have gotten to know her she has her own wee quirks. She loves having her ear and head rubbed and will sit forever grinding her teeth while you do it. I would say that even if its not an instant attraction you will grow to have the same lve for another.

I fell in love with Starfish from her first photo after Jill rescued her. She was mucky and scared but I knew she belonged in our family. You never know, you might surprise yourself!
aw that's so lovely about starfish :love:

To be honest, I didn't want, or seek for, my last 7 rabbits. They came to me by chance, mostly. I have often gotten very distressed at the thought of yet another permanent bunny here. One in particular I was emotionally blackmailed into taking and spent many hours crying over a week or so because I so desperately didn't want another rabbit.

I also have Sky, who is my best friend, and prior to that, I had Flash, who was my soul mate.

But that doesn't change that each bunny is different and you get a different bond with each bunny, often very special ones. Your heart just expands to allow them in. It's like with friends, you have a different bond with each friend you have, but a friend is a friend and you do what you have to for them (not quite as easy with human friends, but you know what I mean).

I think its important, however, that you only take on a bunny if you want to, because it would not be good to take on a bunny you end up resenting, especially if you feel she takes Snowball 'away' from you.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that you got upset :(

I think you understand perfectly - I feel like I have to get another rabbit because everyone says that's what's right for snowball. and i decided i would. but then, the thought of it just makes me really sad :( i know one day i will be ready, but just right now, it makes me feel awful.

i think you are right, i don't want to end up resenting a new bun.
i have to wait until it's what i want and i am ready.

i did say i wanted to wait until i move to the new house, even though that's going to be longer than planned, i think i will wait until then. might be ready by that point :)

aw bless you :( glad that you loved him :D you got him the day after I got snowball. I met him about 2 weeks before christmas. Reserved him a couple of days later so I could research and picked him up on christmas eve :)

aw :(:(:(
:lol: sorry, the thing about your brother made me laugh, think all kids feel like that :)

i'm trying lol. yeah, i'm sure you are all right and whoever i choose will be loved :) i think i will wait until i am ready and want a new bunny

Unfortunately, I wasn't actually a 'child' I was 12. So old enough to realise how hurtful I was being to mum and dad. :cry::oops:..:lol: its funny to look back on though, as of course we love him now :lol:xx

I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be the best desiscion, if snowball is happy as, and you feel like another bun is taking him away from you, then don't feel you [Bhave[/B] to get another bun. :)x

I think you'll look back at this thread in shock one day :lol::lol:

I have lots of pets and I love them all the same. I kinda know what you mean though. Dill (my duck) is special and I thought I wouldn't want any ducks in the house other than Dill. I was very wrong :lol:

i think you are probably right. i am being silly.

i think what has brought this on is that i rang and spoke to a rescue a few days ago. i wanted to just talk about options and the process and things (not ready yet, but just to talk)
and it really made it seem real and all these unsure feelings crept up on me :oops: i'm being really silly! lol

I didn't want Buuren. But tiesto needed a friend, so I had to get her one.

I am so glad I did. He is mental, funny, rude and daft as a spoon:lol: I love him lots now, same as Tiesto:love:

I remember when I was pregnant, I was laying in bed with my daughter reading to her. I looked at her and thought, how am I going to love another one half as much as I love you? I got quite upset about it. Needless to say, I love my son just as much as my daughter.:D

Love is a funny thing:?

aw bless you.
that's lovely :D

i think you are right, love really is funny :)

Back